Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hell has officially frozen over for me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell has officially frozen over for me!!

Hey guys

I want to state publicly for my extreme distaste for Les Pauls It doesn't matter who makes them, where they are from, whatever it is about them, I loath them!

and I am a floyd roadist for life! and pretty much a ML shaped guitar nut for life....

Having said that, I played a Les Paul that fucking blows my mind, and I can assure you its this one, and this one ONLY, I've taken home about 15 les pauls in the past 2 months to make sure I'm not insane, but whatever magic/majick it is that this thing has is surely blowing my mind,

So this guy I work with, who is a tech here at work, is a huge vintage nut, he has a REAL Fender 58 Super, a real 59 Gibson Junior and a butt load of other vintage gear, he's not that old, but damnit he is a 60 year old at heart, and I'm clearly the opposite, so he is aware of my disdaine for the Les Paul, and decides to show me this 54' reissue "Jeff Beck" LP, he goes on and on and on and on and on about it and the "oxblood" finish, so I blow it off because it's just another damn les paul he wants....

So the other day it comes in, and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT he lets me play it and since then I havn't been able to get my mind off it, so he loaned it to me tonight and godamnit I think I'm gunna buy it! I always said, everyone needs at least ONE les paul, except for me! but this has totally changed my mind.

but it is THIS one and this one only, it's all that words can say, everything else is the guitar, it's just magical!

I'm sorry for the retarded rant/gushing but I've never found a guitar that was this "musical" to me, I'm sure I'll calm down a bit, but this is killer!

I get that perfect Carcass "heartwork" tone with this guitar, now I just need a Diezel again!

Chris
    Cursed Path

EXCITEMENT!!!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

9 out of 10 Kids in Zimbabwe approve

But in all honesty, my black NASL-J2E is way better than a Les Paul. You should buy it instead. Really. No lie.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use to be the same a long time ago, but it's all I love now.

There's this guy in one of my classes who is about 35 years old. He owns a signature "The Ventures" guitar, the old Gibson keyboard, the same model that the Doors used and some other cool vintage stuff.

Comment

Good choice, I've had my r4 oxblood a couple years now. Great guitar and the first LP I've really gotten along with, huge neck and all.
          Chris
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

But in all honesty, my black NASL-J2E is way better than a Les Paul.

That's a wild boast. You lack a knight's humility.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
              He owns a signature "The Ventures" guitar,
              Wouldn't that be a Mosrite?
              My gear
              87 Charvel Model 6
              86 Charvel Model 4
              93 Jackson RR EX
              93 Jackson Kelly STD
              88 Ibanez RG560
              99 Schecter Diamond C-7
              Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

"I always said, everyone needs at least ONE les paul, except for me!"

+1, but I still feel that way.

Comment

+2
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Having a great Les Paul is better than sex!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                      Having a great Les Paul is better than sex!
                      Ok...We don`t all have such bad sex as you do...
                      I`m really sorry for you that you have such bad sex

A little joke...don`t take it serious
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

LPs are funny. Its one of those guitars that every wants at some point or another. I found one that I bonded with too and plan to keep just to scratch that old itch every so often. At that end of the day, I still play my old charvels, like i am doing right now.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

This Thread is worthless without....

you know how it goes
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That's a wild boast. You lack a knight's humility.
                            Apparently, he's Sir Lancelot. Excalibur!!! That movies so freaking awesome...sorry.

Les pauls are about the only non-pointy guitars I like as far as styling, but I havnt had the opportunity to play one yet. They remind me of my step-moms 1957 Gibson ES 175 accoustic electric that I damn well better inherit.
                            Pointy guitars KICK ASS!!

Comment

Working...
                            X