New Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Les Paul

Anybody see this yet? Its going for a lot of money, but I am not a very big fan of Les Pauls. The paint job looks nice though. http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/05/g...ts-the-market/

I would like to try it out myself. Not sure if it is worth the hype they are surrounding it with.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Wow, a VariPaul, but they couldn't figure out a way to throw in XTL compatability, Roland-readiness, AND get both digital and analog signals at the same time?

I can, and I will have it, and it will be done on a Jackson.

I'm such a genius it scares me.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I tried one out at NAMM. Very nice guitar. Gibson clearly doesn't know what the fuck to do with it yet though. All they had it hooked up to was a PC with 6 inputs into a sequencing program with different effect plugins for each strings. They didn't even have one of the GuitarRig type setups so you could actually do amp models. Dumbasses.

It was *really* fucking cool to be able to position each string in a different spot in the stereo spectrum. Imagine 6 string arpeggios or finger picking that "move". It was really neat. You wouldn't want to use that sort of thing all the time but it was a great effect.

Of course, Roland has had this with the VG-8 and a GK pickup since the mid 90's and they actually figured out what to do with the technology rather than just toss out a wierd 6 output pickup and say "here ya go".
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          I tried one out at NAMM. Very nice guitar. Gibson clearly doesn't know what the fuck to do with it yet though. All they had it hooked up to was a PC with 6 inputs into a sequencing program with different effect plugins for each strings. They didn't even have one of the GuitarRig type setups so you could actually do amp models. Dumbasses.

It was *really* fucking cool to be able to position each string in a different spot in the stereo spectrum. Imagine 6 string arpeggios or finger picking that "move". It was really neat. You wouldn't want to use that sort of thing all the time but it was a great effect.

Of course, Roland has had this with the VG-8 and a GK pickup since the mid 90's and they actually figured out what to do with the technology rather than just toss out a wierd 6 output pickup and say "here ya go".
          Sounds like it was fun to play. I am just not a big Les Paul fan to start with, but it would be nice to try one out.

Comment

Working...
          X