Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge favor to ask Ibanez 540 P or PII owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge favor to ask Ibanez 540 P or PII owners.

Hi, I have been wanting one of these fabulous guitars since the moment I played one back in 1989 at Jack's Music in Red Bank NJ. Haven't had one in my hands since then which may be a good thing, as I may have committed some unspeakable criminal act of taking that with me no questions asked!

After seeing Denny (Mojobodies.com) pull off that sweet Demon guitar for Mark I decided I want a 540 PII body. Problem is I don't have a body to send Denny to get measurements for a template. Anyone willing to get measurements for me or an even more huge favor and be able to send their body to Denny (ok ok thats way too much to ask even with me paying shipping both ways).

If that doesn't pan out I guess I will go with the 540 PII / Demon hybrid without the body bevels.
    Ideally I'd want a body identical to the Yellow 540 PII pictured, but would settle for the Demon with the modified horns as shown on the right. The Demon as Denny offers is to the left.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this and considering this may be a great way to get something to cure the gas of actually finding one one these Ibanez 540 PII's.
    Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 12-05-2006, 10:10 AM.

I think I will PM Mark to see how he had Denny do that Demon. Maybe he happened to have a Demon body lying around....

Comment

Hey hey. Just a quick note. Those are not 540 PII's, they are 540P's. The 540 PII's had 24 frets and a pickgaurd. don't know why this drives me crazy, but it does.....HAHAHAHAHA.
      LATER!!!
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
        or an even more huge favor and be able to send their body to Denny (ok ok thats way too much to ask even with me paying shipping both ways).
        Gonna use UPS?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mr 426 thanks for correcting me. Wow we have the best of both worlds in here the JCF's best Ibanez 540 P and PI fact checker as well as the best JCF spell checker.

And Ron, I wouldn't use UPS even if I had to send something to my worst enemy. So would I ever use UPS? Not on your life, or anyone's life for that matter!

Comment

Anyone that has one of these bodies know how to properly take measurements that would be useful to Denny that actually has to cut this to spec? Is it as simple as tracing the body shape and then kind of taking rudimentary measurements of contour and knob placement and body thickness? Help a brutha out

Comment

Yo J/C,

I just sent out a similar trace for a guy who wanted the shape on the Reb Beach Voyager. I can trace a Skolnick body for you if you'd like. Leme know if this helps.

Comment

That would be awesome!!!!!! Yes it would help immensely!!!

Comment

Very cool of you Paul!
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yes very cool of you both for giving me the info to get this started.

Comment

Working...
                    X