Custom builder for double neck body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom builder for double neck body?

Okay,so I realize now i am not going to find a double neck Jackson I can afford(the cost of the divorce it would cause alone...)And i just don't want a Gipson,or other, So a custom body to bolt my spare necks on is my last option. Can anyone recommend a builder? I want a Soloist type body,BUT I want it finished,none of that "ready for final sanding and paint.."crap for me,I just don't have the time or ambition. I've checked out a few guys on the net,and they seem either hesitanant,or intend on selling me a complete guitar. I am not asking for anything to wild(least i don't think so..) Just a soloist with a nice maple top and transparent red finish,one neck a 7 string, the other a 6. Any help would be great ,thanks
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Warmoth
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Warmoth derictly told me their bodys would not fit a Jackson neck.Are Jackson's the same as a Fender? I've been asked that several times and do not know,and don't have a Fender to compare to.
      www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Maybe you could try mojobdies.com. The owner is a forum member and he does fantastic work.

Comment

Thanks for the props but I'm not doing double neck bodies at this time.

as for the necks..

Fender Neck pocket size is 2-3/16" wide while Jackson is 2-1/4" so the pocket would have to be widened a bit on a Warmoth to fit your necks. If you find a body you want but need the pocket widened give me a shout. I can do that for you.

Comment

Working...
          X