Evil black project guitar completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil black project guitar completed

Tonight I finally finished up a project guitar that a friend had me build for him.
    I've been working on this in my spare time here and there between my own guitar projects since August or so.
    My friend just basically told me he wanted a 2 hum hardtail strat in the Gibson gothic style flat black finish with matching headstock & black hardware....and that he really wanted to keep the cost down.

I think I have around $350 in this. The body is by KNE. Neck & pickups are by Mighty Mite. All hardware is from Carvin.

I did the finish with spray cans of nitrocellulose lacquer from Stewart McDonald guitar shop supply....first sealer...then black...then low gloss satin clear.

I think it came out pretty good for the budget I was working with. The finish looks kind of weird in these pics...it doesn't look bad at all in person.

I've logo'd some of mine with the "Fucker" logo before. My friend's name is Scott.....thus the "Scottocaster"

The neck has some decent birdseye.

I had to do a doubletake when looking at the logos, thats too funny.

Comment

Did you make that logo yourself? If not, where id ya get it?

I'de buy that guitar.

Nice job.

Comment

Looks like you nailed it!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That looks badass! Love the logos!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

dude, that's rockin'.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

that came out pretty good!

Comment

Looks awesome!
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

very very nice work man!
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Evil Black is good title for that one.... I like the logo too

Comment

Working...
                    X