Suhr Planning on 24 Fret Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Planning on 24 Fret Guitar

I have been waiting for this for a long time. Suposedly sometime in 2007. Not looking like one will be ready for NAMM because they are spending a lot of time with their new amp introduction - the Badger.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Man, I'm itchin to get a Suhr standard. I talked to Ed Yoon today and their wait time is only 3-4 months for a special order. Amazing compared to the J/C wait time. And you can actually get the guys on the phone. I know they are a relatively small outfit but it seems like they really have their act together.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I can't afford their guitars anyway, but a 24-fret model will make that fact more painful for me. Up to now I consoled myself by saying they only made 22-fret models.

Well, maybe I can pass the teller a note and she can help me out...
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post

Well, maybe I can pass the teller a note and she can help me out...
        Actually a gun works alot better. Just kidding, man!
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Well maybe I need to use the note the first time to GET the gun, ever think of that?
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I wonder if it´ll be part of the Pro series, as well. But 22 frets is good enough for me, so I´ll just sit tight a bit and see if the Pro´s grow Floyds until NAMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
              I wonder if it´ll be part of the Pro series, as well. But 22 frets is good enough for me, so I´ll just sit tight a bit and see if the Pro´s grow Floyds until NAMM.
              They are planning on a 24 fret Pro Series sometime in 07. Here is the response on the Suhr forum from Ed.

"Once this is up and running, we plan to come out with a 24-fret Standard version sometime in the 2nd-half of the year:"

Basswood or Alder body
              Maple neck with Indian Rosewood board
              Even C Slim .800-.880
              10-14" radius
              1.65" nut width
              Jumbo frets
              Chrome hardware
              Sperzel locking tuners
              Wilkinson VG-300 bridge
              No pickguard, rear-routed
              1 Vol, 1 Tone, 5-way switch
              SSH+ and SSV humbucker pickups
              Colors: Not yet determined - standard solid and a few metallic colors
              Laser-engraved logo on headstock
              A model with Floyd is a possibility
              Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Comment

Thanks, man. I guess it´s just a slip of the tongue he called it a "Standard" instead of a "Pro". Damn, the way this looks I might end up with a Wilkinson 22-fretter and a Floyded 24... not good for the bank account! But I hope the 22 also gets a Floyd option, since I prefer H/S/S over H/H.

Comment

It will be interesting. I always have my reservations when companies - no matter who they are - make an attempt at a shred guitar after having experience building only vintage styles.

There is a certain market that buys 24 fret guitars and they typically are not vintage players. Neck shape and upper fret access in particular are very scrutinized.

Things may get overlooked by the builder or perhaps not considered at all such as a scalloped lower horn, a scoop behind the horns, etc...
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Suhr has always built shred-styled guitars as well as classics, imho. Just with 22 frets instead of 24... which I think isn´t that big a deal. I also don´t think incorporating two extra frets will open up an entirely new market for them... but I could be wrong. I hope they sell the snot out of the Pro´s, they sure deserve it. Suhr builds exquisite stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                      Suhr has always built shred-styled guitars as well as classics, imho. Just with 22 frets instead of 24... which I think isn´t that big a deal. I also don´t think incorporating two extra frets will open up an entirely new market for them... but I could be wrong. I hope they sell the snot out of the Pro´s, they sure deserve it. Suhr builds exquisite stuff.
                      +1

Suhr was building Pensa-Suhr guitars with Floyds during the height of the shredder craze. He has also done a ton of Floyd equipped guitars after starting his own company including my guitar .

His new 24 fret guitar might not be as extreme shredder as an Ibanez but they will be offering it with one of their thinest neck profiles and eventually floyds.

Comment

just remember if the 24 fret is going to be a " Pro model" street price will probably be around the $1600 much like the current Pro model..thats not bad since early indication are the quality of the current pro models is exactly the same as the more expensive models..the only real difference are less options

Comment

Options I don't care about - just as long as I get the color I want, the neck profile I like, a nice Pau Ferro fingerboard, maybe a maple top on an Alder body.....
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X