Guitar group pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar group pic

Some people have pics of their kids at work, I have pics of guitars. I took a few group shots tonight, thought I'd share...

From bottom, left to right:

Ibanez Japan 7620 or somesuch 7 string. has a super thin finish on it, that pretty much is just a primer. Sounds great though.

Ibanez Japan RG570. Black, old school with the regular neck bolts, no 'skunk stripe' etc.

Fender Eric Johnson sig strat. Best sounding strat I've ever played. Huge neck, not for everyone, but I love it. Put a hot rail in the bridge.

Ibanez Japan RG570. Not sure what the color is - kinda like a metallic cinnamon or somesuch. Looks black, but hit it with direct light and these reddish/brown metal flakes come out. newer style with the AANJ and skunk stripe. Also has a weird finish on the hardware - it isn't black or cosmo, kinda like a battleship grey.

Charvel USA San Dimas Series strat. Absolutely the best bang for your buck in a strat style guitar. Put a Hot rails in the bridge.

Top row:

EVH guitar I built from parts, import fender neck and body. Did the paint myself, gave the frets a good grind and polish, etc.

PRS SE Custom. Korean built PRS guitar, a heck of a lot nicer than you'd think. Compares well with the 'real deal'.

Fender Japan strat. 62 reissue, but has fotoflame body and neck. Put yes, a hot rails in the bridge.

EVH guitar I built from parts. Has a more correct 70s strat headstock, and I used eyebolts for the strap buttons like EVH did. beat to heck, but a really mojo-riffic guitar.

Late 80s ESP MII. My main 'floyd rose' guitar.

2001 PRS Custom 24. Bone stock, killer guitar. I love it.

1991 PRS Custom 24. Changed pickups (Van Zandt in neck, Duncan JB in bridge). Has some wear but awesome guitar.

1985 Fernandes Brad Gillis Sig strat. Pre production most likely, as it doesn't have Brad's sig on the headstock. I also have pics of Brad playing this very guitar, bought it from XXX from this board. I installed a 'old school' non fine tuning floyd rose on it, for some reason it had a non locking POS trem on it.

Top Row

Ibanez RG570 Japan in gold. Newer style with AANJ, skunk stripe, cosmo black hardware.

Late 80s ESP MII. Stripped the finish, doesn't play as well as the black one but kinda neat to play just because of how the oiled wood feels.

Fender Japan floyd rose strat from the 80s

Charvel Jackson Japanese made Predator. Bone stock.

...and a better pic of the PRSi. Love those flame tops!

Any of these guitars are in 'gig rotation' - I didn't take pics of projects or guitars that aren't being played much. I was going to take these pics with my stage rig, but I left it downstairs - didn't really want to move another 4x12, JSX, pedalboard and junk to take a pic when I'm inherently lazy. Heads in the pictures are a really well built SLO clone and that 80s icon, a Randall RG80.

Let's see some of your family photos! (six string variety)

Pete

Nice collection Pete!

Comment

Great collection Pete, your seven string Ibanez looks like an rg7420 . I don't know what I should call them but the holes/spaces for mounting the pickups (where you insert those screws ) are triangular in 7620s and rectangular in 7420s

You need a Jackson btw!
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thanks guys. Next in Line - I have a few Jacksons, they just aren't in rotation/put together. Few more Charvels too... it's weird though, a few years ago 90% of my guitars were Jacksons.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post

Let's see some of your family photos! (six string variety)

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60336

Comment

Nice family you´ve got there!

I didn´t realize that wasn´t an actual SLO until I came down to the caption. Looks great.

Comment

I took the picture below a few months ago. Since then I have added three guitars and sold one.

The entire HM Series. I have sold the HM 2 but I was probably only one of ten people in the world to actually own an HM, an HM 2 and an HM3 at the same time.

Comment

Cool bunch of guitars, both of you.

Comment

Working...
                X