Anyone have Big Head Paul's number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Big Head Paul's number?

His new site is incomplete and is missing his contact info. I am awaiting a clone from him which is long past due. Thanks in advance.

Here you go http://www.bigheadguitars.com/contact.html
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I e-mailed him a couple of nights ago on a refin he is doing for me. Haven't received a reply yet. My Model 2 refin isn't supposed to be done for another couple of weeks, but I hadn't received any update e-mails or pictures as he said I would.

Comment

He says he is taking care of his parents and has only worked 1 week in the last 6. It would be prudent of him to send news of this to his customers when he has more than 30 guitars on the go. But when one promises shipping more than once, "by the end of the week" and doesn't deliver or answer multiple emails in a span of *months*...

BTW, thanks Model 88. I think his new site is not Safari friendly as of yet.
        Last edited by El_Kabong; 12-02-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Paul has been ignoring my emails as well. He was supposed to send pics to me as of 2 weeks ago. Paul has had my guitar that was already primed for 4 months (supposed to be 10-12 week turn around). Everytime I send him a guitar it's late. I've only sent him 2 and this is it. I may be calling him to send me my stuff plus a refund. The story now is, his Dad had a stroke and his Mom broke both of her legs while checking the mail. So, he said he was taking care of them. The last time I sent him a guitar it was another excuse, like medical problems. Either this guy has really bad luck or is a big liar. I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but this is it.
          I'll be using Marty Bell. One week turn around on most jobs. (No kidding) Marty doesn't screw around and does excellent work. Oh yeah, and Marty's payment isn't due until you accept the paint work done on your guitar. He won't take your money up front.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The last time it was his aunt and uncle were killed in a car accident and he was taking care of his nephews. Considering Paul's age, unless his aunt and uncle decided to have kids after retiring, I have a hard time swallowing that, but karma gives him a little leeway and am trying to be patient, but am *not* happy with how is conducting business. This is my last Big Head project as well.

Got a link to Marty Bell?

Comment

El Kabong
              Marty Bell, www.martybellfinishing.com
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I received an e-mail from Paul yesterday. He just said that he's been swamped lately, and would be sending me pics when he was further along with it. He did say that he had the graphics started.

That's the only news I have.

Comment

I'm assuming this guy started as a hobbyist and got enough of a following to start his own shop, right? That sorta thing can overwhelm you if you're not fully prepared for it, which it sounds to me like what's happening.
                  All the medical/personal issues he's reported may be true, no one knows except Paul.

At any rate, I'm sorry you guys are having trouble - I've seen quite a few people here speak highly of him before, but time takes its toll on everyone, and he may be getting burned out if he's getting swamped with work. There does come a point where it's not fun, and if he's reached that point, he's probably afraid to say something cuz he thinks everyone will avoid him completely.

Anyway, I'd say get your stuff back from him if you can, but don't press the issue with him.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm not going to press the issue with mine. It's a Model 2 beater that I bought off eBay with the express purpose of getting refinned. I figured that the refin I want done would take longer than he estimated, so I'm not really that worried about it.

I still have three other guitars, so I'm not missing the one he has anyway. As long as I get it back with the refin done properly, then I'll be satisfied.

Comment

I just got some pics of my Bengal guitar just about finished. I know what burned him out!!!!! He is just about complete on a "Amir" Camo for some lucky customer. Holy Crapola, there is some serious detail on that one!

Comment

Paul is a one mane band and is overworked. I leave him a message and he gets back to me.......eventually. Always worth the wait though
                        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

so does he really have a big head?
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                            so does he really have a big head?

I think he does. There are pics of him on his site, I believe.

Comment

Big, like a Macys, Thanksgiving float big
                              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                              X