need ibanez rg help NOW (ebay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need ibanez rg help NOW (ebay)

can anyone tell me what kind of ibanez rg it is? i'm looking for a 5xx series rg, preferably an older one made in japan (iirc they're better than the recent ones). is this one of the guitars i should be looking for, or is it a lower end model, 3xx series for example?
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=016
    i kinda like the sharkfin inlays and the white color without the pickup (although i wouldn't mind a nice mirror pickguard ), but to me, all the rg series guitars look exactly the same

ah yeah, and the description says it's a 6 year old rg series in mint condition.

First of all before Ron gets you, those are not sharkfin inlays those are sharktooth inlays

And that should be a Rg"R" 470. Which means the Rg470 with reverse headstock. It has the original edge trem which is even better than an OFR according to some people. Well I think they are nearly equivalent (The ofr is slightly better but the edge looks nicer imo) As for the price I wouldn't pay more then 400-450 euros for that one.

But That can go higher because it's one of the older ones (late 90s I guess ) with the reverse headstock which is not as common as the regular one and it looks really clean, even has the vibrato bar together with a case.. The color and the matching headstock are also cool imo!

GOOD LUCK!

Edit: I remember a friend of mine had one of these in black which was a 97. and agreed all of the rg's look the same to me also!
    Last edited by NextInLine; 11-27-2006, 07:24 AM.
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

470s had a trs that is a 7xx it has an edge pro.

Comment

Don't the RGs have the model # stamped into the back of the headstock?
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
          First of all before Ron gets you, those are not sharkfin inlays those are sharktooth inlays
          Actually, I've got an old Jackson ad where they call their "sharkfin" inlays as sharktooth. Don't know when they decided to change the name. Don't know what you'd actually call the Ibanez inlays.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah the RG's have the number stamped on the back of the headstock, this model has the AANJ ( all access neck joint) vs the older square shape with neck plate. I'm not sure when they switched over but the square version is a good tell tale sign that its an older model.

Reverse headstocks are rare and cool, but otherwise I dont know how that would compare to the "old Japan" Rg's as I havent touched any new Ibanez's lately but did currently get an older Rg 550 myself and used to own a 540Sltd which was a great guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
              470s had a trs that is a 7xx it has an edge pro.
              It's not an edge pro It's the original edge and older Ibanez's had that. Like I said a close friend of mine has the same guitar which is a Rgr 470 with the original edge trem.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Actually, I've got an old Jackson ad where they call their "sharkfin" inlays as sharktooth. Don't know when they decided to change the name. Don't know what you'd actually call the Ibanez inlays.
              Well you learn something new here everyday. And in fact I'm glad they changed the name to sharkfin because it sounds better to my ears
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Judging by the pic it appears to have an early "Edge" bridge with the long saddle screws. It looks like one of those euro-models that we don't get here in the states. Regardless...it's got the quality bridge so you should be good to go.
                ------------------------------------------------
                Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                X