BC Rich Mockingbird Basses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Mockingbird Basses?

Anybody have any experince with some of the higher end Import one of these? GC has 1 in a Trans red Quilt top with Natural Quilt middle finish neck thru , it's Japanese made , it plays good looks awsome My buddy wants to buy 1 for his wife for X-mas but I'm not 100% familiar with the BC Rich stuff?
    According To The Prophecy

Is it some sort of NOS? I wasn't aware BC still made imports in Japan.

Comment

It's actually a Guitar center Exclusive

Comment

It must be old stock then (NOTHING is built in Japan of recent, in fact for quite a few years). Get a serial number and pics. Don't believe anything the sales person says. If it's new, then it's made in China. If it's a couple of years old, then it was made in Korea. Having said that, the Korean ones aren't too bad. My bass player picked one up (bolt-on) and it sounds great.

IMHO the only way it could have been built in Japan is if it was a Japanese-market-only bass. These are built like the Jackson-Stars but obviously not very many turn up in the US, so I doubt you'd find it at GC, OR it's a very old NJ (Nagoya, Japan) bass.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Hey Sanctuary I called & spoke to my guy at GC I was Mistaken it's a Korean made Neck thru GC exclusive bass.

Comment

I bet it's not a GC exclusive-it sounds exactly like the new B.C.Rich Heritage Mockingbird
            http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Heritage Classic MockingBird Bass

It is the Heritage Classic NJ MockingBird Bass, offered in trans red quilt wings with maple center and trans black quilt wings with maple center. Not a GC exclusive, though they did seem to get them first. Bass is actually made in China, import's are no longer made in Korea (to the best of my knowledge)Played one two weeks ago, actually quite nice. Had a real nice tone, decent feel, looked very good as well.I was all set to get one, then ran into a deal on a Real Heritage NJ , 80's NJ Neck thru Mockingbird. The black one is on ebay right now, and beatstreetmusic.com has them as well, at a very nice price. (no I am not associated with beatstreet, but I do like how they treat customers and run their business!)
              Last edited by mournblade; 12-01-2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mournblade View Post
                Bass is actually made in China, import's are no longer made in Korea (to the best of my knowledge)
                You are correct.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                X