Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I did It... Flew Off the Deep End And Special Ordered An Anderson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I did It... Flew Off the Deep End And Special Ordered An Anderson!

Roy at Anderson Guitars selflessly spent a few hours of his time this week helping me spec out my dream guitar AND helping me find a slot. I can not stress how awesome Anderson Guitars (and especially Roy!) customer service is! Thanks to Teddy at Make'n Music as well! I could be wrong but, I think the main reason Roy helped me out so much is because he checked and didn't think I'd ever find anything in stock somewhere or probably even used close to these specs:

Model--Hollow Drop Top With Quilted Maple Top/Mahogany Back
    Color--Atlantic Storm
    Neck--+.030 Even-Taper Satin Finish Indian Rosewood
    Fingerboard--Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
    Headstock--Reverse Gloss Finish
    Nut Width--1 11/16-Inch
    Frets--Stainless Steel Jumbos
    Pickups--H1/SA2/H3
    Switching--5-Way With Master Splitter & Add Bridge Push/Pull
    String Gauge--10's
    Hardware--Chrome

Now here's where I need some help... the bridge. Sunken Floyd W/ R2 Locking Nut or Vintage Trem With Gotoh Or Grover Locking Tuners? I have it in now as a Sunken Floyd but, I am flip flopping between the 2 bridges. Anybody have a chambered guitar with a Floyd? Have to make my decision by Monday as the neck is going to be made first and the nut needs to be decided! It's not about the tuning stability, it's about the tone but before you immediately say vintage trem... 2 of my 4 favorite guitars tonally are Floyded! Any opinions on this one would be greatly appreciated! Half my guitars are Floyded for reference.

I'm think I'm leaning towards changing it to the standard trem now though. This is what Atlantic Storm with a Quilt Maple Top looks like:

Stay tuned for the frantic spamming that will probably ensue to get back my 85% deposit! The normal 50% went out the window when the dealer saw REVERSE headstock on the spec sheet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Thats an awesome guitar dude! Can't go wrong with and Anderson, just one of the best quality guitars out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
      85% deposit! The normal 50% went out the window when the dealer saw REVERSE headstock on the spec sheet
      That is funny.

Comment

Wow, beautiful axe and GREAT color! String-thru = TONE

Comment

sounds like a VERY unique anderson!! congrats. if you like the tone on your other floyded guitars, just stay with that. make it a guitar you will really love to play!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I just got my USED Anderson hollow drop-top this week. It has a floyd on it. It's a koa top on basswood, with a bit of cherryburst.

This is my first and only Anderson. I'm absolutely knocked out by the neck. I've never seen work this good. Unbelievable feel.

But, they did put screws in to secure the locking nut. Make sure that Anderson doesn't have a fetish for those screws on Floyds.

That being said, mine is one of the first Drop Tops from 1996. They may have changed now. Koa on Basswood were the prototypes. I posted a pick here a couple weeks ago in the Anderson thread.

Comment

Wow. Thats awesome. Congrats on the Anderson.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I guess you're ordering this just in time since he's closing the shop next March at the latest. Or rather, letting everyone else go and just building them himself from now on. So those in future will know Tom built their guitar, but how long will it take to get them? Congrats, you jumped on it at about the last minute you could!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well it cost me an extra 5% and quite a bit of fingernail biting too... it really was last minute. Neck is being built this upcoming week. I have to call at Noon my time on Monday to change the Floyd to a regular 2 point with locking tuners up top. Quite a few places started charging MSRP or 10%/15% off after the announcement. With Roy's help I found a place charging 25% off (normally 30% off). In my case I knew a few days ahead of the anouncement but, if I ordered then, I wouldn't have the final spec I came up with so the extra 5% I'm paying was worth the hour long phone call with Roy just for the spec help (not to mention the finding a slot/dealer help which was another 90 minutes or so).

Danastas, how do you like the tone with Floyd in your hollow drop top?
                    Last edited by Robotechnology; 11-25-2006, 05:25 PM.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                    X