It sucks liking expensive guitars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sucks liking expensive guitars....

So when I was off at college I brought my Gibson Melody Maker there and played it a bit. Well I'm home for Thanksgiving and I'm playing my Gibson Les Paul and my gosh it is a totally different and better beast. I would love to bring it back but I fear it would get hurt/stolen. This guitar screams unplugged, I wish I could afford another one (sniff)

An old high school friend loved Joan Jett's melody maker so much, He recently bought one and did the restoration to her specifications.

I must admit, it plays nicely!

Comment

You know you're absolutely right. It does suck to like expensive guitars.....

Comment

Trust me. I don't know. I have 50, 60. 70, ----100, 200, 500 dollar guitars. And most are worth more than that. The expensive guitars stay in the case. I love my cheapos. It doesn't matter what happens to them. And, for the most part, they play just as well. Hellfire. I had a Alembic guitar that was 2 grand. I didn't pay that. And I didn't like it. My point is that it's not the price, it's the nice.
        Last edited by fett; 11-24-2006, 10:49 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
          You know you're absolutely right. It does suck to like expensive guitars.....

Tell me about it! I used to own several of these at one time, and the prices have literally syrocketed on them over the past 10 years or so since I've owned them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1964-Gibson-Fire...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            Trust me. I don't know. I have 50, 60. 70, ----100, 200, 500 dollar guitars. And most are worth more than that. The expensive guitars stay in the case. I love my cheapos. It doesn't matter what happens to them. And, for the most part, they play just as well. Hellfire. I had a Alembic guitar that was 2 grand. I didn't pay that. And I didn't like it. My point is that it's not the price, it's the nice.
            Maybe so, but I seem to only enjoy the beat up Strats and Les Pauls and those are usually older guitars.. so I lose

Comment

I own quite a few guitars. Most of them are not the overly expensive guitars but I have found that some of the ones I have paid the least for hold up as well as the expensive ones. My $140 Squier is as good as my $330 US Fender HM and my $900 Fender 62 AV. I enjoy playing the Squier and the HM more than the AV. I am convinced that my two Corts are as good as any Gibson Les Paul I have played. There are great guitars at great prices out there but you have to find them.

Comment

i kinda like my cheapies better also.
                i sold all of my $1000 plus guitars for sub $500 guitars.
                with the expensive guitars, i don't feel comfortable taking them out of the house.

Comment

Working...
                X