No announcement yet.

I've Been had ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want one of these but I think they're overpriced.

Comment

What model is the one on the right? Excuse my Ibanez n00bness I don't know much about them because I've been mostly attracted to Jackson/Charvel and Kramers since the 80s. But THAT red model is making me drool on my shoes dude! I love the inlays and bound neck!
      It looks to be a RG 770 to me '90 or '91 perhaps? Very good guitars and I still think them guitars are some of Ibanez's finest and have owned a few in my time. They haven't made anything I like for a while except for the RGT 3120 in trans violet and that's been a few years ago and are discontinued.
      Last edited by Axegrinder; 11-21-2006, 03:41 AM.
      Gear
      '88 Charvel Model 6
      '90 Charvel 650 Custom
      '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
      '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
      '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder View Post
        It looks to be a RG 770 to me '90 or '91 perhaps? Very good guitars and I still think them guitars are some of Ibanez's finest and have owned a few in my time. They haven't made anything I like for a while except for the RGT 3120 in trans violet and that's been a few years ago and are discontinued.
        Very cool! Thanks! I found one on eBay just now but the guy "reprofiled" the neck.... Yikes!!! I can only imagine!
        - Adam

Comment

That one actually was made right before they changed the series name to 7xx for the bound board models, and is an early '89 570 in Road Flare Red. Identical to the 770, but just a few months before they changed the name of the ones with bound necks. So, left to right, it's a 550 (with a Bartolini v88 and Dimarzio Steve Morse bridge and LP switch), 770DX, and 570 (85/SA/85). The dots in the 550's board I had changed to multicolor a few years ago, it didn't ship with all different colored dots
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
            I really want one of these but I think they're overpriced.
            +1
            Ive seen some of the nicer ones go for 600 Euro, thats crazy.

Comment

mmm luv road flare red

So how did you change to colored dot inlays Jim?

Comment

I paid $175 for my RG570 about a year ago. It had a couple of dings and a small split in the neck. I refinished it and repaired the neck. It's a great guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X