No announcement yet.

Fender Blackie Re-issue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL balckie replicas are already sold to dealers, and they are not built yet
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Well, Shawn layed it out in easy to read "blackie and whitey." I recommend printing his post and either posting it on your refrigerator or sticking it on your bathroom mirror in plain view.
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
        Does a $20k bolt on guitar make sense? Of course not. But does it make business and investment sense? You bet your ass.
        Based on a 2%-3% inflation rate this guitar better be worth more than $90k in 25-30 years otherwise it not a wise investment. You just plunked down $24k into a no interest savings account.
        If this fat wallet individual got his jollies from looking at HIS blackie on his gas station pump display case for 30 years then he earned a happiness that cannot be calculated, otherwise his investment could have been served better somewhere else.

What makes the mid and early sixties Strats so desirable is a nostalgia thing, fom people think was a better era. Low production numbers only help the scarcity of such instruments. Some baby boomer spends $35k on a mint '62 Strat and so the market goes. If he has to sell it tomorrow for $25k and then his friends, so will the market go eventually. Put the persona of SRV, Clapton or Beck and you got a marketing hit.

A similar phenomenom has happened to the sports memorabilia market. There weren't autograph shows when Shoeless Joe Jackson, Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb played. Their signature, because of the scatter nature of their sigs are worth a fortune. Pete Rose is whoring himself all over the place making a buck selling his autograph. Will his signature be worth the same or more comparatively to Ruth 50 years from now?... time will tell.
        Yet people fork over $20-$40 a pop for a baseball and $60-$80 for bat thinking their just gotten signature may pay for a nice retirement fund someday. Pete on a single Saturday afternoon over at a local mall signed 400+ articles. Multiply times 30 shows a year he might do.
        Last edited by Joe_Steeler; 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Blah! Waste of money.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nobody knows if it is or not, arguments are and will be made just like when the EVH Frankies were thrown around.
            At the end of the day is what you want to do with your green. Put it on a mutual fund, CD, IRA, stocks or bonds or go to your local GC put a $5k deposit down on Blackie and cross your fingers that Clapton has not molested a boy.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

From what? New parts? If I were to pay that much for a guitar, it had better be an actual re-make of the original guitar from the vintage parts that made Blackie. Anything less than that is a ripoff. Investment? My ass. Shawn, by the way, I have the cash to buy one. But why would I want to?
              Last edited by fett; 10-21-2006, 03:44 PM.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You could always use that cash to upgrade your place of residence.
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                  You could always use that cash to upgrade your place of residence.
                  My trailer didn't cost that.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    My trailer didn't cost that.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                    You probably wont want to buy a $20k guitar that could be rolled away at any moment along with your home.
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Sweet! I am going to buy one...but, why not...I'm rich beeotch!

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                      X