Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding a Frampton Les Paul...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding a Frampton Les Paul...

Hey Folks,
    My dad is turning 60 in two months, so I thought as a birthday present I'd buy him his "Holy Grail" of guitars, (and mine as well actually!) a Peter Frampton model Les Paul Custom.

These were a limited run, so I can't find one "online" anywhere...they'll be hiding out in the local/regional music stores. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll send you a 6 pack of your favorite beer! (as long as you're 21)

Occasionally they pop up on Ebay (there's one up there now) but if at all possible, I'd like to find one in a music store so I can lay it on the ol' Plastic. It's a little tough to whip up $3500 cash!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Is this one sold?

http://www.guitarsale.com/Gibson-Pet...-i225928.music
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hi Tim,

GuitarSite had 2 of them, but they were the newer run, and I was looking for the 1st run if I could find it. (These are limited to 500 a year) They made slight changes to the new run. So the search contined...

...and who should call me on my cell phone outta the blue? Your pal and mine, Crankdaddy! Found me one up in Syracuse in the local GC. I called 'em up, made them jump though some hoops to check make sure it was a first run, and I got dat bastard!

Hell, I'm in such a good mood, I'll buy ya both Finder's Fee 6 packs! Whatcha drinkin' fellas??

Comment

Call Sam Ash in Paramus, NJ. They had one a while back. Good luck.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Awesome! Glad you scored it, bro!!! And glad I could help.

I'm gonna have to go over to the Guitar Center and work them for some kind of matchmaker's fee. LOL

Comment

Glad you got one. That is going to be an awesome gift.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Excellent!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Great score...my favorite of the artist model Les Pauls. Your old man is very fortunate to have a son like you

Comment

Well thank you Rupe! But.....

My mom tells me that my old man said that he doesn't want any of us kids getting him some expensive guitar for his birthday, because he's got a ton of them already (it's true) and he never really plays that much any more. He'd rather go on a cruise and see the Carribean!

So guess who is the owner of a new Frampton Les Paul?!

Comment

:ROTF: Glad you found one. There was one on eBay this week. I think it was $3900 though. I've been wanting one since they came out. I don't know if I'll ever get one. Let us know how it plays.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                    X