Kramer Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Explorer

I feel like Fett... I ordered a cheap guitar! Anyone ever play one of these Kramer Imperials? I couldn't pass it up for the price. 24 frets and a Floyd... what could be cooler on an Explorer?!?
    http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=179
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

damn, for that price you cant go wrong, really. what color did you get? with those choices, i'd probably go for the silver.

Comment

I was going to go for the silver, but they only seem to have black in stock. Really not a big deal for me.

Comment

Hell, where was that shit when I was young..for that price I bought pure crap..like a friggin' gay Hondo..and I almost kinda happy..

Let us know how it is Joe..my guess it'll play / sound pretty good..it looks like it would.

They urge to buy a hard case tho..hmmmmm, prolly just a scare tactic to sell the case too..

If it does arrive F'd up..send it back for an exchange or refund..fuggit..

Let us know what ya think..seems cool for the dough!

I think I'd prefer black..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I predict two posts:

1) In a week or so when he gets it saying that he is surprised at how good this guitar is for the money.

2) A month or two after that a post in the Classifieds.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Hell, where was that shit when I was young..for that price I bought pure crap..like a friggin' gay Hondo..and I almost kinda happy..

Let us know how it is Joe..my guess it'll play / sound pretty good..it looks like it would.

They urge to buy a hard case tho..hmmmmm, prolly just a scare tactic to sell the case too..

If it does arrive F'd up..send it back for an exchange or refund..fuggit..

Let us know what ya think..seems cool for the dough!

I think I'd prefer black..
            Yeah, I wish they'd have had something like this when I was growing up, too. And they didn't have any cases in stock, so fuck it. I put a pickguard with the Quad Rail pups in a friend's guitar a few years ago, they sounded pretty decent from what I remember. I've got some EMGs laying around I could always throw in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              I predict two posts:

1) In a week or so when he gets it saying that he is surprised at how good this guitar is for the money.

2) A month or two after that a post in the Classifieds.

LOL Maybe.
              I've read pretty good reviews about them, so I'm hoping it'll be a keeper/beater axe.

Comment

Keeper/beater... Yeah, kinda like Liz Taylor.:ROTF: I'm seeing "passed around" in the future.

Not that I haven't thought about it myself a time or two though...

Comment

I got the stoptail version when they were blowing them out for 99.00.
                  Was supposed to be MIK but is MII.
                  Not to bad for the money. Solid, well built.
                  Neck is a shallow c shape, no real shoulders.
                  The black is flat black and it wears kinda quickly.
                  Pups are decent.
                  Wish that they had stuff this good when I started.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Cool. It should be here Wed. or Thurs. The one I got is supposed to be metallic black and not the flat matte black.
                    Derek Tailer, the rhythm guitar player for Overkill, has a few of them, both stoptail and Floyd versions, and he seems to really dig them, plays them on their live DVD.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's such a bargain Joe. Ya gotta remember, for the price of just 15 of those axes, you could have a real US custom shop axe.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hmm, good point! We should try telling that to Fett, too.

Comment

Well, I got this thing today. It's pretty cool, a nice sparkly metallic black, made in Indonesia. These Kramers used to be made in Korea, but I guess not any more. It's a little on the heavy side, but not too bad (where's that lightweight alder when you need it?).
                          It has a decent Floyd copy with the shorter locking pins like a Schaller, pickups are good, very quiet when split. They now have the strap button on the top right neck plate screw like the Charvel Stars instead of on top of the body like it used to be. I've gotta change the 9 gauge strings to 10s and adjust the truss rod a little, but overall, for the less than half hour I've messed with it, I dig it. Definitely a great value for the money.

Comment

Nice deal! Looks great.
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Toejam, what is the nut on it?!? Most of the Kramer Floyd list it as a 1 5'8, except that model they say it 11/16. Any idea if its a typo or do these actually use the bigger nut?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X