New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy

I found this in a Daddys for dirt cheap and I can't put the freaking thing down .
    ESP LTD M 207. What a great guitar to grab if you don't know whether or not you'll like playing a 7 string. Neck is really comfortable and the previous owner dropped in a Duncan JB in the bridge and it sounds killer.
    Looks like I'm going to need someone to build me a CS 7 string, now will it be Jackson or GMW, or the Ibanez LACS?

Last edited by kmanick; 08-29-2006, 09:15 PM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Cool stuff Nick - I've considered grabbing a cheap 7 string just to give it a try, so maybe this is just the right kick in the ass I need!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Congrats Nick! I know you've been thinking about trying a 7-string for a while and it seems like you got a good one to try for not too much money.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Way to go, Nick! I can't tell from the lighting of your pic, is that black or a black cherry?

Comment

Nice one Nick, I picked up a new Peavey 7 string a couple of years ago on eBay pretty cheap. Tons of fun messing with it. Now you'll need an 8 string ala Rusty Cooley now I did pick up a six string bass as well. Just something else to mess with. Nice grab!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche
            Way to go, Nick! I can't tell from the lighting of your pic, is that black or a black cherry?
            It's called Midnight purple? It's a weird color almost dark brown?
            I'll try to take a better pic of it. the neck has been a real surprise on this. $250.00 out the door, how could I say no?

I don't think I'll go 8 string though:ROTF: 7 is tough enough.
            This one is a little tougher to play than my SL2H and my GMW. Once you get above the 12th fret it does get pretty wide so wrapping my thumb over is kind of out of the question
            I'm really really loving the lower register chords and you can do some crazy wide interval tapping with the extra string.
            I'm about 1/2 way through learning the entire TGE CD. and the DHDW CD.
            I'm really learning my diminished arpeggio sequences so I can try and keep up with Mr. Loomis. slippery fucker that he is
            "Enemies of reality" CD tabs are hard to find though
            Anyone here got any please send them to me.
            Last edited by kmanick; 08-30-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

http://www.allpowertabs.com/tabs/n/n...tab_21424.html

Comment

thanks Carbuff, good site, I should've been more specific, I have tabs for a couple of the songs off of EOR, but I can't seem to find "Create the Infinite", "Seed Awakening", or "Never Purify". I have EOR," Ambivalent" and "tomorrow turned into yesterday".
                I have a lot of their stuff in GPro, if anyone needs any PM me. If I have it you're welcome to it.
                Nick

Comment

Cool Nick, now go learn some Fear Factory already! ;p
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

on my list James, on my list

Comment

Working...
                    X