No announcement yet.

Black or Zebra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great looking guitar whatever, but from my perspective, I call zebras in black bezels...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

man, im with crank. this guitar is unreal...

honestly its so amazing, that i realize i never said anything about zebras or black pups.

but i'm cool with either.

i agree though; if you go with zebra, go ith black bobs. but those black APCs look killer.

that LP is the greatest.

Comment

Yeah, good choice there they do look better!
        Peavey Wolfgang
        Gibson Les Paul
        Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul
        Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Zebras only look good in a 58 LP. I started saving the other day.

Comment

Obviously, tone is the most important thing, but I like the look of zebras, especially if the creme bobbins are on the outside coil positions.

Comment

I prefer the Zebras 100%

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                Black bezels and zebra's would look the best.

I agree with jgcable on the black bezels and zebra's would look great.

Comment

I wa sso drawn in by that top i just noticed your missin a couple o fknbos on that sweet thing. But yeah i agree with JG black rings with the zebras. I think the cream rings just looked wrong on that color. But its all about tone. Zee if ya can get the APC's in zebra. lol
                  Gil

Comment

Kickass guitar - the top is gorgeous. I'll go with the majority above on the pickups - zebras look cool, black bezels.
                    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

zebras and black bezels fo sho. If you keep the black APC's I think it would still look classy with cream rings to match the binding. Maybe a different shade of cream rings than the ones that were on there though.

What are those APC's similar to? Only one I am familiar with is the Persuader Lead Custom that we did the group buy on here a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                        What are those APC's similar to? Only one I am familiar with is the Persuader Lead Custom that we did the group buy on here a while back.
                        The set I have are modeled after a 50's Gibson, and an early 60's Gibson. The bridge reads 8.36K, the neck pickup 7.85K. They sound so good, that I'm thinking it'd be impossible for APC to make another set as good as these. I wasn't aware there was a group buy from him in the past. He's based in R,I.. I first met him {Adam} when he worked for Lane Poor, who's a friend of mine. How did they {Persuaders} come out? I didn't realize he was that well known.

Comment

For some reason I am suspecting there is another APC company? THe APC we did the group buy for was Adder Plus Corp. and Mel Lace is the guy behind it. Somehow his brother got the rights to the Lace Sensor design as used on Lace Sensors Fender uses. I think he is based out of Illinois, but I'm sure others will correct me that know more than I do.

Comment

I was going to say zebra, but on second look, the black is the way to go for that guitar. I bet you couldput the zebras to better use elsewhere anyway, like in a certain s-head
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Zebras rock -

-------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X