My new GMP bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new GMP bass

I'm considering this an upgrade over my G&L Tribute, but who knows what it will sound like with these crazy woods.

Flame maple cap, cocobolo body, 9 piece neck.

By the way, in case anybody cares, I sold my GK amp last week and decided to try the brand new Line 6 line Lowdown (thanks Matt!). My Vetta has made my life so much easier so I decided to go this route for the base amp too.

Very nice, I wondered who'd scored that one!
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

9 piece NT? Insane!

Comment

with all these recent GMP posts are they back in business? or are these ones that were not finished before they closed? or just floating around the net for sale?

I want a black V with green flames! in SPARKLE!

Comment

Damn that's cool!!! I wanted to buy it and I don't even play bass Cool detail on the end of the fretboard too. Congrats, it's KILLER!

Comment

I don't play bass much either. In fact, I started playing when a friend moved out of town a few years ago and other friends in his band needed someone to play in a pinch. I picked up his gear for cheap and had some fun. This one I bought more on a lark than anything else.

GMP is still out of business, though the guitars are getting to be more and more expensive. There are a few Vs and Firebirds still available in the sotres, but they are very rich for my blood. There's a store in PA selling an incredible Flamed V, body to headstock paint, for 2500. A store in NJ is selling a Firebird with flames for 3500. A couple other stores can be found as well. Even on EBAY the prices are crazy now. The last three GMPs went for 2300, 2800, 3000 used.

Comment

DUDE! I'm glad you scored that thing! It's insane!

The thing that kills me about that particular guitar isn't just the workmanship. It's the planning that went into the thing -- we're gonna make the neck outta these woods, the sides outta that wood, the cap outta this wood, etc. Somebody definitely put a lot of luv and attention into that thing.

An outstanding example of why ANYTHING GMP is totally Rock as Fuck.

Comment

Great bass !!! I would love to have a GMP bass some day !!!

Comment

Thanks Crankdaddy. Funny thing is, it's going to top the Koa/Spruce I scored from the Jackson CS. My friends were gaga over that. Just wait.

I googled the hell out of GMP Vs, Firebirds and basses on the 'net the other day, and my jaw dropped at the prices of these things. I just hope it sounds good. I mean, Cocobolo? Heh wha?

Comment

How can something called Cocobolo not sound good !!!!

Mmmmmmm, Cocobolo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X