Robin Medley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Medley

I recently saw one of these on the net. Look like real nice guitars.

Anyone have one or know anything about these?
    Good reviews on Harmony Central.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

They kick ass totally................

Comment

Pic? Never seen one.

Comment

Allow me-I have about 10 Robin Catalogues in my 300 odd Guitar catalogue collection

http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Yeah they are beautiful guitars - especially the Medley. I am thinking about getting one with a Double Hum config.

I think to get what I want I am going to have to order a custom because it will be hard to find one with a Double Hum config, Maple board and OFR. I think most of them came with Kahlers or Floyd Rose licensed trems.

If anyone ownes one I was wondering what the neck profile is like compared to a Strat or PC1? And how access is to the 24th fret.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Nice!! It is also hard to find them with Regular Headstocks, which is what I would want Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
              Yeah they are beautiful guitars - especially the Medley. I am thinking about getting one with a Double Hum config.

I think to get what I want I am going to have to order a custom because it will be hard to find one with a Double Hum config, Maple board and OFR. I think most of them came with Kahlers or Floyd Rose licensed trems.

If anyone ownes one I was wondering what the neck profile is like compared to a Strat or PC1? And how access is to the 24th fret.
              Double Hum and maple board...hmmm....kinda like this?
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g/RobinAsh.jpg

(It does have the kahler Steeler (OFR clone) though).

Robin's are awesome, I have 12 of them. Great quality, great feel, great sound. Usually appear on ebay from $500 to $700, great pricing for USA built by 'small shop'. Fretboard radius is similar to the 'normal' Jackson/ibanez neck (I don't know if they are compound radius, but they are pretty flat, typical 'shredder' neck). The Medley/Tedley bolt-on necks are on the thin side, around .760" thick like the thinest Jackson necks. So if you like the thin Jackson necks, you'd feel at home on the Robin.

Comment

I still want a Machete. I almost pulled the trigger on a killer blue one recently.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I have an earlier neck-through archtop Medley. No Texas "brand" on the headstock, so it was built in Japan by ESP. It probably weighs ten pounds, and the Floyd copy is horrible, but damn that guitar sounds good!

Still kicking myself for not buying a Koa topped USA Medley that showed up on the bay a few years back. One of a half dozen or so guitars that I'll regret not having bought until the day I die.
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

My Custom Shop Medley

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/offici...ca.jpg&.src=ph
                    "POOP"

Comment

I use to check out those guitars when i lived in Houston, Rockin Robin Music had tons of those and I always wanted a medley. Slaughters lead guy Tim Kelly used the medley for a while. Cool guitars for sure.
                      Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I want a Wedge.

Comment

Can you get them with a Regular headstock and a Thicker Neck profile? Jack.

Comment

I just had to share.... Ever since I bought the neck through Medley, I thought it was an import because it didn't have the made in USA subscript under the logo or the Texas "brand" I mentioned earlier.

This thread prompted me to do some more research. According to the history here http://www.robinguitars.com/history.html , anything with an 88xxxxx serial number (from 1988 on), is US built. Turns out, I have a somewhat rare USA custom.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I have a custom Medley and they do indeed rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X