Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exciting news for my future project guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting news for my future project guitars...

I am a designer at an injection mold shop, and I've just been given the green light to use our CNC machines for any wood cutting projects that I come up with. I've got a good friend that runs the CNC machines and he wants to be involved with my guitar building projects just out of general curiosity. This is some exciting news for me!

We use Pro-Engineer 3D design software, so basically anything I can model up I can make in the CNC. Right now I'm modeling up a compound radius fretboard with progressively deeper scalloped frets in the upper register. I've always wanted to try that on a blank ebony board.
    I'll also be working on modeling up some bodies complete with pickup and bridge routing.

I think my next project will be a soloist type of body and neck, but made out of some laminated exotic woods with a natural finish and some custom contours on the body.

Who cares about cutting everything by hand, I want to build a kick ass guitar! Hooray for CNC!

This is gonna be alot of fun. Just wanted to share my joy!

That's awesome! Nothing like making a precision piece. I used to work in manufacturing that had CAD/CAM with CNC capabilities. I could do some neat projects there. No longer though these days.
    Best of luck!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
    X