God damn neighbors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God damn neighbors...

Sometimes.... when you dont have the money, someone brings something to your attention that really makes you get a case of bad GAS.

So, here is the setup... About a year ago, my neighbor who happens to be a dummer/basses tells me about this Ibanez that he got from a friend in Brazil. The way he described it was like it was a Les Paul Jr. guitar. So, I think nothing of it at all because, in my personal opinion, I cannot stand Les Pauls. So, I come walking home today from the train station and I hear this guys wife telling me to come into the house. So, I slide on in and he tells me to open up the case.

Here is what I see.....

OMFGODHELLYEAHBBQ!!!Shift+111One1Eleven! A Reb Beach Model Ibanez Voyager. I always wanted one as a kid.

Trying to keep my composure, I looked at him and mentioned that it was not made in brazil but japan like all the rest of the ibanez's and compliment him on the instrument. He tells me that he wants a hollow body. I ask him how much he wants for it. He tells me to take it home and give it a whirl and we will talk about it later. I gotta find out more information about this thing. It's serial number is F112571. Time to plow the fucken internet and make this transaction work =)

Any idea what these go for?

-Nate

1987 - 1996 - Guitars built in Japan between these years will have a serial number beginning with F followed by 6 numbers. F is the production factory which stands for Fujigen. The first digit will be the last digit of the year, ie. F8***** is a guitars made in Fujigen in 1988. The last 5 numbers will be the consecutive number denoting production count for the year. 25899 would be the 25899th guitar built that year.
    91 Reb Beach model?
    Last edited by nateb; 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Don't be fooled, this geetar is missing a chunk of wood! You may try to get a discount because of that!
    Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
    Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
    Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

time for jgcable to step-in...

Comment

1991 without pickguard would be a first year early RBM1BK. Heres a catalog shot:
        http://www.ibanezregister.com/images...m1bk_small.jpg

Go to ibanezregister.com, click on 'guitar gallery' on left, then click on 'The Endorsees' then scroll down to Reb Beach RBM.

For what it's worth, blue book says $800 for 98% condition, $700 for 95%, $625 for 90%, $550 for 80% condition.

Comment

I always wanted an rbm2 with the gold hardware and koa body. How would you describe the condition of the guitar?
          Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

The frets are a little worn... not too bad. There are a few chips. Obviously, this was a player for someone. Headstock is in good condition. Most likely, since it isn't the Koa version, I would probably pay to have someone refinish it and throw gold hardware on it.

Playability. It is a little harder to play then my Jacksons or ESP's. Because my hands are not use to it yet, it hurts a little to play. I did take some time out and polished the frets, conditioned the fretboard, throw new strings on and play with it a lot, it has gotten a hell of a lot better. But, I think that the PU's in this thing are kinda ass in my opinion. I would definately throw a Tone Zone in the bridge. No idea what I would throw in the mid or neck position.

One thing that was funny.... I was looking for something to block the floyd while I changed the strings. So, I cracked a bottle of wine and used the cork and polished off the bottle

The cork made a good block and the wine went down well

-Nate
            Last edited by nateb; 07-11-2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

How dare you block the trem on a RBM!!!!!!
              Reb is coming over to your house to kick your ass.
              Nice score. The early RBM's are really nice. FYI... the Japanese models with the gold mirror pickguards sell for more money. Still... really nice guitar.

Comment

A buddy of mine has one of the Voyager models. They reallly are nice guitars. I don't know what they go for. But good luck on getting it for a good price.

Comment

If it has an Edge tremelo is one of the good ones. They did made cheap versions of the Reb Beach model.

Comment

I owned one of the cheap ones.. ugh !
                    BUT - I have played a couple of the nice ones - and they ARE nice! Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                      How dare you block the trem on a RBM!!!!!!
                      Reb is coming over to your house to kick your ass.
                      Nice score. The early RBM's are really nice. FYI... the Japanese models with the gold mirror pickguards sell for more money. Still... really nice guitar.
                      It was only to change the strings. Apparently, if you dont block it while you are changing them, it is really easy to chip the paintdue to how the body is shaped...

Comment

Working...
                      X