Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Rich Body Art - as bad as Im expecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Body Art - as bad as Im expecting?

Alright guys,

Ive been seriously jonesing for an ironbird recently and Ive seen one of the shitty body art ones and even tho it looks to be terrible quality, I could maybe get it cheap and its single hum and string through.... If I re-fin it and change the pickup will it be playable? Or still an awful piece of shit?...

James

What was I thinking - these are going to be total garbage arent they?...

Comment

well.... the majority will say that yeah, they'll be somewhat craptacular. that said, i bought a bronze series warlock about 5, 6 years ago, and it was fine. not great, but it sounded pretty ballsy and it worked for me.

i'd bury it in stickers and be done with it.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I had an NJ series (pre speedloaders, speedloaders flop, and switch back) once, it was pretty good. Although anything below is not really worth it at all imo. The bodyart series is pretty much a dressed up Bronze series, which isn't good... I've played a couple and it was like playing a cardboard cutout - sounded similiar too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White
          What was I thinking - these are going to be total garbage arent they?...
          Play it first. Import quality is hit and miss with BCRs.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Are you fifteen? Do you have dyed hair, bad trousers or facial piercings?

There were a lot of the NJ Series pointy BCs sold over here in the early 90's - they were pretty good, compared to some of the horrific stuff they've turned out recently. It's probably worth holding out for one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans
              Are you fifteen? Do you have dyed hair, bad trousers or facial piercings?
              :ROTF:

Of all the imports, I'd take the early (83/84) NJ Neck-throughs or the US Series.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                I've played a couple and it was like playing a cardboard cutout - sounded similiar too.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've seen USA BC Rich Ironbirds on Ebay go for 250.00...probably won't see those days anymore. You just gotta shop everyday for the deal you want.. and hope.

Comment

I think you guys are missing the most important thing. Sully discovered the Zen within the cheap BC Rich's and he was kind enough to share. Put stickers on them! Anybody that wants some let me know - I have a whole bunch of Wacky Packages stickers I would gladly send out to anyone with a BC Rich Body Art Series guitar.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Haha fair enough. Ive been watching an 80's yellow crackle NJ Ironbird for a while, then I saw a single hum string thru body art one, and, against my better judgment, I added it to my watch list...

Lets see if I win the yellow crackle one first!

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                        I've seen USA BC Rich Ironbirds on Ebay go for 250.00...probably won't see those days anymore. You just gotta shop everyday for the deal you want.. and hope.
                        That would have long ago...too many enthusiasts watching it now.

Comment

Working...
                        X