Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar has full scalloped neck (besides the Fender YJM Sig one)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar has full scalloped neck (besides the Fender YJM Sig one)?

Hi there,

I bought my Soloist SL1 half a year ago and really, really love her to death, plays like a dream!

But now I'm really interested in getting an axe with full scalloped neck (ala Yngwie Malmsteen), but don't like the Fender Strat one he uses
    I know it's possible to order it from the custom shop, but since I'm in Austria, not sure I want it shipped from the US (may have to pay high customs fees as well, in addition to the already steep custom shop price).

I read a lot about DIY scalloping, but decided that I'm really not capable enough for it, neither could I find a shop in my vincinity offering that service. I do have a Jackson JS30 Dinky which I could use for that purpose though.

Well, is there any other guitar that came fully scalloped like the Fender? Let's say the price range shouldn't exceed $2k, maybe a bit more if it's really very special and unique

My playing style is almost exclusively neo-classical, so I really need a good shredder.

Any hints or advices would be highly appreciated, and many thanks in advance!

Other than the YJMs, I'm not aware of any production guitars with a full scallop. However, www.jcguitars.com had a sea foam green soloist which had been fully scalloped and that looked like a decent job....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Many thanks for the quick response!

Just had a look, the scalloping on the Soloist looks really... strange Why isn't it all the way through the fret? And really can't say the sea foam green color is my thing
      But, the BC Rich Mockingbird with scalloped neck looks really killer!!! Trying to find out if they take credit card and ship internationally now...

Comment

I can't really remember much about the Soloist to be honest, but nothing stuck out as odd when I saw it.

As far as I recall, he doesn't take credit cards for international orders.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm on the verge of breaking-down and ordering the Fender YJM now, but it really looks too... plain!
          Oh God how I wish the Jem 7VWH had a fully scalloped neck, then I'll take it in a heartbeat...

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Fender Strat. Great players, and they're practically indestructible. If you don't like the way it looks, mod it. The easiest thing to do is mess with the pickguard.

Also, my JS30 had the thinnest neck I'd ever seen. If you scallop that, you just may come through the other side. Yikes.

Comment

Yeah, guess my best bet is on the Fender now, just ordered it from Germany
              I've read mixed reviews about the Fender YJM, it seems to have some quality controlling issues, just hope I'll get a good one.

Comment

There were some Ritchie Blackmore Fender strats, that I believe had scalloped fingerbaords, US and Japan, One had 2 instead of 3 pickups, but if you don't like the YJM you probly won't like those, because they were also based on 70's strats, if I remember right
                Last edited by tanpsi; 05-10-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

There was a guy name Arash on JCF who called his custom shop Jackson as his signature model and that guitar had full scalloped fingerboard.

Comment

the Fender Blackmore and YJM sigs are the only ones I know of.

I custom ordered a warmoth neck to the YJM spec which plays and looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                      There was a guy name Arash on JCF who called his custom shop Jackson as his signature model and that guitar had full scalloped fingerboard.

I remember him. What a prick!

Comment

man, i miss my old blackmore. what a kick ass guitar. love that scalloped neck. killer vibrato.

Comment

I really hated the vanilla color of the original YJM, so I ordered mine in Candy Apple Red. But last night I re-watched G3 with Joe, Steve and Yngwie, and now I just changed my order to the "original" color

Comment

You fickle man, you.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is a company but I can't remember the name. I found on one of the guitar builder sites listed on Harmony-Central.

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X