Guitars for Tykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars for Tykes

I have a niece (6 years old) who has been hanging out in my music room whenever she visits and my bro says she really wants an electric guitar.

I know about the Fender Juniors and some of the Pee Wee guitars (those are for travelling, right?), but are there any with humbuckers? I guess the kiddie guitars are 22 inch length, 3/4 scale. Daisy Rock ain't gonna work since I can't figure out how the hell they expect a kid to play a guitar shaped like a butterfly.

Any suggestions? Does Gibson, Ibanez, make anything like this?

I know Jackson isn't into it, right?

Ibanez makes them. I saw one in a local music shop. Looks awesome. If you want I can get you their name and number and you can call them. I don't know if they have a website...

Comment

I can tell you the Fender Strat Junior and Mini models are too big for a 6 year old from experience, but check out the Epiphone PeeWee's.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I bought my son an Ibanez GRGM21 Mikro yesterday for his birthday coming up next month. He's been hanging out and wailing away on mine for a couple of months now. I plan on posting a review of it when it arrives, and I see how he does with it.

The determining factor in buying the Ibanez...it was the only mini guitar I could find that was blue. It's his favorite color, and he just had to have a blue one like daddy's.

Yeah, I'm prouder than a peacock.

Comment

Yea, they look pretty cool. I like the blue one too
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Dean make 3/4 size and 1/2 size too I think. I got a 3/4 size for my 7 year old and it's a little big for him.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I got my son a Epiphone PeeWee V for his Birthday he just turned 7
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
              X