My new score...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new score...

Originally posted this in the Fender, er I mean "Charvel" U.S.A. forum, but took a tiny bit of heat.

So anyway, here's a sweet Charvel/Wayne/whatever you want to call it, I just snagged off e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Last edited by Jack71; 06-18-2006, 10:04 PM.

The Music Zoo has a brand new one at that exact price. Check out their stock of Waynes.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
      The Music Zoo has a brand new one at that exact price. Check out their stock of Waynes.
      Not quite the same. Different color for the graphic; different trem; rosewood fingerboard instead of birdseye maple, only one humbucker, etc. Says the list price is $3,660. I'm sure the actual sale price is lower than that, but not sure where you got $1800 from.

Comment

Nice guitar! Might be a tad on the pricy side though - but I could be wrong. Maybe if it were a Demartini or something from Charvel... I played 2 Wayne's that were under #10...heh,heh...
        Last edited by chrisolson; 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71
          Not quite the same. Different color for the graphic; different trem; rosewood fingerboard instead of birdseye maple, only one humbucker, etc. Says the list price is $3,660. I'm sure the actual sale price is lower than that, but not sure where you got $1800 from.
          I got it from the last email they sent me with the sale price. This was during their April sales event.

I'm not dissing your guitar. I only knew the price because I was very interested in buying one. I think these things look great.
          Last edited by danastas; 06-19-2006, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuweet Very nice Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71
              Originally posted this in the Fender, er I mean "Charvel" U.S.A. forum
              ....yeah, that's accurate.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Guys, the guy just dropped $1800 on a very sweet guitar. What happend to "hey, nice axe"? How much a person pays for a certain guitar is subjective.

Nice axe man.

Comment

Originally posted by txcharvel
                  Guys, the guy just dropped $1800 on a very sweet guitar. What happend to "hey, nice axe"? How much a person pays for a certain guitar is subjective.

Nice axe man.
                  Yeah, no shit. Lay off the dude. Just got his first Wayne, and I think its gonna be a killer one. Hell, I almost bought both myself. Just ended up with this one...And if you dont think this one is worth $1800, youve never played a Wayne under #50. Ive seen people around here throw $1200 or $1300 at a freakin ESP. You dont think these bad boys are worth 4 or 500 more? Dream on. The early ones in particular are the cream of the crop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Congrats to you Jack, youre gonna love it. Waynes are great guitars. Not all of them, but the majority, just like the rest of the brands.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

cool looking guitars! Just like Grover used to make 'em
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks like a birdseye masterpeice... very nice axe.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Here's an interesting interview w/ WC:

http://www.musicianshotline.com/arch...ws/charvel.htm

There is a timeframe error, who can spot & correct it?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

which one? Where the interviewer refers to VH's album coming out circa 1980? Or where they discuss the sale of Charvel to Grover in the mid-80s?

In Wayne's defence, he didn't mention times for either of these events in the interview. The interviewer should've done their research

Although not refuting these timeframes doesn't hurt Wayne either, given that he's selling replicas of Charvels made in the early 80s
                          Last edited by VitaminG; 06-20-2006, 01:39 AM.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks killer, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                            X