Mojo - Jackson Project Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojo - Jackson Project Suggestions Please

Just got my custom body through from Denny (Slashware Guitars/Mojo bodies. top service thanks) and now have to joys of decided what way to go with the finish and hardware. Suggestions welcome.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

I went with tung oil and black hardware on my mahogany Tele body. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55735
    So, how about something simple and classy like that?

Comment

You could keep it simple, white body with black hardware. That always looks tough. Or perhaps Bengal, or any other paint sceme of your favorite axe slinger.
      With only a single pick up, that opens a lot of possibilities when it comes to graphics. Maybe a phantom ship like the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean against a night sky, and have a skull formed by the clouds.

Comment

A 24 fret maple neck looks good on a black body,Black hardware.Black pearl is a great color.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Demartini frencie

Comment

Dude is that the maple neck off a DK2LE? That's pretty much the guitar I will be building only I don't think I'll get the recessed trem routing and I will add a slanted single in the neck. Go with the tung oil simple and sleek.

Comment

no, the LE's had white headstocks.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Crap I have 2 of them myself well 1 1/2 of them now, and I forgot that haha. And they aren't reversed either... I am guessing this isn't an import neck then as I don't recall a reversed maple Jackson with 24 frets on an import other than the Dinky Reverse Pro but those have off-set dots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                  Crap I have 2 of them myself well 1 1/2 of them now, and I forgot that haha. And they aren't reversed either... I am guessing this isn't an import neck then as I don't recall a reversed maple Jackson with 24 frets on an import other than the Dinky Reverse Pro but those have off-set dots.
                  I think I am going to go with the tung oil finish (if I can find somewhere round here that sells it) The neck took a bit of detective work to find out where it came from but it's a US custom shop neck that belonged to someone on here in the US and found it's way to the UK. See this thread -
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54279

Comment

Ah, cool, you got a Mojo body...did Denny need to do special hole spacing on that for that neck?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Ah, cool, you got a Mojo body...did Denny need to do special hole spacing on that for that neck?
                      Unfortunately the neck's holes have been filled and re-drilled at some point and I may have to mess about with them a bit. Neck fits nice and tight in the pocket though.

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
                        Unfortunately the neck's holes have been filled and re-drilled at some point and I may have to mess about with them a bit. Neck fits nice and tight in the pocket though.
                        I used a 24 fret Charvel neck for the hole pattern. If I had the neck you were using I could have used it for the pattern but shipping overseas isn't cheap

Comment

Originally posted by slash
                          I used a 24 fret Charvel neck for the hole pattern. If I had the neck you were using I could have used it for the pattern but shipping overseas isn't cheap
                          Yep, it's a shame I couldn't have just dropped it round to you .

Comment

Working...
                          X