Washburn Nunos...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn Nunos...........

Anyone have experience with them? They look cool, albeit a little funky with that extended cutaway. Just curious how they play...especially the better ones like the N4.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

They actually play really great. I had no prior experience with Washburn before picking up the Vintage looking Nuno model (not sure what model # it was) and it was pretty damn cool. The cutaway although it looks a bit odd, is very comfortable. I would have picked one up, but I hate reverse headstocks Kinda dumb to let that stand in the way of a good guitar, but there are other companies out there that fit what I personally like better, but good stuff either way!

Comment

I have a N2 and its one of the best playing guitars I own.

Comment

N4's Friggin' Rule. My first guitar that I owned. I have owned/own other guitars but my N4's are my favorite. I had 4 at one point, a layoff forced a thinning of the herd and now I only have 2. Serious Mojo!

Comment

What are the necks like? I assume the N4 has that broken in feel to it??

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

N4's are nice - play really well, neck nice & comfortable with that "played in feel", although I'm a fan of "unfinished" necks anyway. Mine may be a tad trebley, tone-wise - I read somewhere that the bridge pickup was chosen for the paduak version, to balance the bassiness of the tone from that wood, and mine is (what looks like) a flame maple top on a different wood body (not sure what it is - it didn't come with the spec.). It's a limited run USA build for the Japanese market - "autograph series no. 77 of 100", so signed by Nuno (no certificate of authenticity though - but then I bought it to play it, not because it's signed). I don't play with my thumb behind the neck, so the Stevens cutaway feels a bit strange for me (I hook my thumb over - probably a bad habit, but hey) - but should open up access much better if you do play that way. I don't rip like a lot of you guys out there, but it feels good & sounds good to my inexperienced ear!

Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

N4 - great guitars, play extremely well and have a nice broken in feel

N2 - great guitars for the money. I would upgrade the pickups and electronics, but they fell nice and light, great for the stage if you do a lot of runnign around

Comment

Very nice balanced instrument. I used to own one and it was the lightest guitar I ever owned. Mine had a pretty fat neck, though. I sold it to get a Taylor.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson
                  Mine had a pretty fat neck, though.
                  I have two N4s, one with the washburn floyd, normal floyd nut and an earlier one with the Kahler Steeler floyd-clone and kahler nut (from the factory that way). The washburn floyd'd one has a thick neck, about Les Paul thick. The Kahler one has a 'normal' thickness neck, more like Jackson/Charvel size.

Comment

My sister has an N4 and the more I play it, the more I like it. Swamp Ash with the 500XL pup is a pretty good combo.

Comment

Hmm, I am surprised on the neck profile differences. I have a '92 swamp ash purple rain finish. The neck 'feels' wide, flat and with an almost a wizard profile. Fast.. bends are no effort. If you ever played a HM strat..they tend to remind me of one another in feel.

Comment

picked up a black N2 not long ago. I've been playing the shit out of this guitar. Feels right at home amongst all the Model series Charvels
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X