Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...used to hate IBANEZ's... until NOW!!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard talk of these Ibanez guitars ... tell me more ...

Comment

I used to play Ibanez back in the 80's and then switched to Charvel/Jackson. Hadn't really touched an Ibanez in years until recently I picked up the Paul Gilbert signature and also the RG550 20th anniversary re-issue in desert yellow.

Long story short, they both totally kick ass. I'm back in love with Ibanez for sure, these guitars are very high quality for the $1,000 price range. It's tough to justify spending 2-3k on a C/J anymore when I can get a sweet Ibanez for a grand.

Comment

As far as I know, the USA Customs are Japanese parts that were assembled and set up in the U.S.

The L.A Custom shop however, are/were one off U.S made guitars using Ibanez templates. I could be wrong but thats how I understand it.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicarocks View Post
          I see somebody else had a similair experience!

I picked up an SZ520QM. Fuck yeah.

I still don't like Ibanez's, but these are pretty kickass.
          I've played one of these.. Biggest POS

Comment

Does no one else other than me feel that the SZ series are aimed at the PRS-style market, rather than Schecter? I've always thought so considering the features and also the 25-ish inch scale.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              The Ibanez Shattered Glass I posted above is a USA Custom. Interestingly, I don't think even the USA Customs were really built here in the US entirley. I forget their history exactly but one of the guitar mags last yearhad a story on Ibanez that explained it. Anyway, this Shattered Glass Ibanez I have is my guitar with absolutely the lowest action of all my axes. However, I still hardly ever play it at all, I still prefer the feel of my Jacksons over both Ibanezes.
              I have a USA Custom "Angels Depart" and while it plays nice it lacks tone, something i didn't fully appreciate as a younger player. I find that with Jackson and Fender i can get the tone WITH the playability.
              Edit- I picked it up today and realized the tone isn't all that bad, i think i just don't like how thin the Dimarzio Fred in the bridge sounds. The Paf Pro in the neck sounds great.
              Last edited by Maximum_Crunch; 04-25-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

The tone on mine isn't bad, its just not as easy for me to play as my Jacksons. I only have two Ibanez's so I won't generalize about their tone even though I don't think anything comes close to my Jacksons
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I cant stand them either !!

1990 dead mint! Thanks Tim!

1 of only 35 in the world!

Bad is all i can say about this dead horsie! Legacy 1 holoflash mirrored vine inlay too... I hate this one
                  the most !!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 04-25-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

AWESOME! So much for all the haters huh?

Comment

Here is my "angels depart"

Comment

Here is my S

Comment

Damn Robert!
                          Amazing.
                          Yum.

WOW
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Forget about the guitar, let's see more about your town. One of those pics had a cool town on the background.
                            Pics of the town?!
                            Pics of the babes?!

Originally posted by tibiuccio View Post
                            this is one of the best fucking ibanez
                            IBANEZ SC 1620 "pre-Prestige"

Features
                            Mahogany body with very little spaces for electronics.
                            One piece figured maple top.
                            Ebony fingerboard.
                            Flame maple neck binding.
                            2 colors tuners.
                            This guitar is SUPREME!
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                              My understanding was the bodies came shaped, with a humbucker route pre cut. Might of come with a Edge route by default too. The necks came pre cut with only the inlays needing work. This is all going off memory of what I read somewhere though, and the only thing I know for sure is the bodies came shaped and with one humbucker route.
                              *** Made in Philly one year only...94' Mountaindog knows everything
                              about these! My best Ibenhad player is my USA Custom...with a 15mm
                              thickness at the first fret! Has a 3/8" steel rod in the neck, and a brass
                              plate at the string ball ends in the back of the body..sustain for days!

This is the one im sending to Mike Learn for a graphic! Since i know i
                              love to play it...having it look killer will just be a bonus.

Comment

I like that finish as is! Reminds me of an old PRS Custom 22 I used to have. Looks very "worn blue jeans" if you know what I mean. What graphic are you getting for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X