Deans: 79s Vs. USA Professional Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deans: 79s Vs. USA Professional Series

Has anyone here played any of the USA Professional series guitars, with the chrome hardware and the satin finishes? Is the quality level of the Pro series guitars a significant increase over the 79 series imports? I am looking at both, and the fancier 70 series guitars on eBay and elsewhere are pretty close in price to the Pros.

I used to own a '79 ML. Impeccable build quality in my opinion. What I don't like about the USA Pro series is how stripped down the features are... for the price you pay, I'd expect at least some body binding and/or top woods etc. The only thing that wasn't top notch was the factory setup on the '79, but even then that wasn't much of an issue. The stock pickups were actually really great!

Comment

funny how stripped the Pros are in lieu of the 79's indeed.

but all i can add is, Drumcityguitarland has a V and ML Pro relatively low-priced.

and i bet Jacksonite can hook you up sweetly with a 79 series (or more).

Comment

yeah, those 2 were acutally what got me wondering - they look like part of gibson's faded line, which makes me a little wary. i also posted this question on the dean forum, and only got one reply, in which the poster said yes, usa deans are better than korean made deans.

the problem is that i haven't seen a review of one, i haven't seen anyone talking about even seeing one, playing one, or owning one. i can't imagine that these guitars have the same sort attention payed to them as other guitars being made in the dean factory.

Comment

io have a 79 select v...looks beauitiful sounds pretty good plays amazing

Comment

Working...
          X