$500 budget...what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500 budget...what to buy?

my only real requirement is a shorter scale. im a big fan of the gibson scale (24.75) and i can deal with 25 but my small hands dont work so well with the traditional 25.5 inchers.

any suggestions? im really just looking for a wide range of suggestions to look at here.

An older Japanese Fusion.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

there are newer Japanese Fusions?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

2:35 in the morning waddaya spect?

Comment

The PRS SE models are 25" scale and are pretty good bang for the buck. A used Fusion would be a great choice, though. Another used one to look for would be a Kramer Nightswan, which is short scale & is narrower at the nut.

Comment

I would go for a fushion for sure.

Comment

a hamer studio, which i believe is the same scale as a gibby les paul.

Comment

Older Dean baby. Depends on what kind of neck you like tho.. like almost wizard thin.. to 60's gibson? two hum, floyd, kahler, hardtail. Body style.. V's, Z's, S's, RR's, etc..

what do you have a preference for? 500.00 is a pretty decent budget for a used instrument.

Comment

How about a nice LP import?
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

what are my options if i go new? peavey v-type about the only thing in that price range?

im definitely looking for something super-stratish...ive got a couple les pauls and enough non-traditional shaped guitars. nothing stratish in a shorter scale though.

Comment

Schecter is good value for the money, and they do have a couple short scale superstrats:

C-1 Plus

C-1 Special

Comment

A warmoth 24.75 conversion neck and a body from......

Comment

Originally posted by slash
                          A warmoth 24.75 conversion neck and a body from......
                          +1000
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Peavey Vandenbergs would fall well under that range and they're great players. You might even find a cosmetically challenged Nightswan for $500-ish, they're one of my favorite short scale guitars.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              An older Japanese Fusion.
                              +1000

I have a love of Gibson, and these Fusions Rock hard. 2 Jackson's with bound ebony/MOP sharkies, and a great Charvel Fusion Deluxe with Rosewood. Next one I need to find is a maple fretboard Fusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X