Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Blazer Series Strat

Hey guys,

I just brought this home today to change strings and do a setup for a friend. Just curious if anyone knows the details about it. I know it's an early 80's Blazer but the headstock looks a little different than anything on eBay. It's not it spectacular shape but definately a player's guitar. Any thoughts about it? What is it worth? Just curious. Thanks.

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450002426/27.JPG

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450002426/25.JPG

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/450002426/26.JPG

Well, I can't figure out how to add photos but here are the links!
    Last edited by Axe Chemist; 06-11-2006, 03:24 PM.
    E = Fb

I have 2 '80's Blazer Customs and the are GREAT. Set it up and play it and you will not give it back. They are starting to get pricey. Because they are really well made guitars.
    Last edited by fett; 06-11-2006, 04:20 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

They are very nice guitars really.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Blazers from the 90s are high quality guitars, but the 80s ones were really inferior when compared to some of the other guitars in the lineup. They were really a cheaper version of the Roadster series and both eventually got gobbled up by the Roadstar Series............

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2
          Blazers from the 90s are high quality guitars, but the 80s ones were really inferior when compared to some of the other guitars in the lineup. They were really a cheaper version of the Roadster series and both eventually got gobbled up by the Roadstar Series............
          I beg to differ. The ones I have stand up quite nicely. The necks have a classic feel. Nice and "C" shaped. The big flaw is in the pickguard. The support for the front jack was not there. They break easily. I even have one that has a wood pickguard. The lower end of the guard was broken around the jack. That's why I got if for $100 net on E-Bay. I had Budsman make me a plastic piece and when I get around to installing it, it will be stronger, better and look way cool. These are just plain rocking guitars. Buy a "Custom Series".
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Nice Ash body. Reminds me of my '83 Roadstar II.

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

that there's tha Devil geetar!
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                that there's tha Devil geetar!
                Which one?
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                  The big flaw is in the pickguard. The support for the front jack was not there. They break easily. I even have one that has a wood pickguard. ... These are just plain rocking guitars. Buy a "Custom Series".

This one felt pretty weak around the jack too. After I restrung it, and set it up, of course I played it. Since the owner wanted it restrung with flat wound strings (11's) I totally thought it stunk! I'm sure it would've have been pretty decent otherwise, so I'll take you word for it that these are decent guitars.
                  E = Fb

Comment

Working...
                  X