Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistas
    Nice Carvin DC125 with Jackson logo!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      Nice Carvin DC125 with Jackson logo!
      Looks like a DC125 body with a Jackson neck, check out the headstock. I know Carvin made a Jackson type headstock in the late 80`s, but that one really looks like a Jackson headstock Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
        Looks like a DC125 body with a Jackson neck, check out the headstock. I know Carvin made a Jackson type headstock in the late 80`s, but that one really looks like a Jackson headstock Jack.
        Can't be a Jackson. The DC125 is neck-thru. Besides, that headstock is still a tiny bit thinner than Jackson's.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
          Pointy headstocks can still be ordered if you "pretty please" the salesguy enough ... I believe it's a $100 upcharge.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
            Pointy headstocks can still be ordered if you "pretty please" the salesguy enough ... I believe it's a $100 upcharge.

-a
            Only the pointy headstocks that came after the Jackson-style headstock. And I'm sure Jack knows that anyway since he's got a new one.

Comment

Yep...they totally suck.

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yes, 1989 Carvin DC125 that Drsracing stripped and relogoed to a Jackson. I added the sticker. It rocks like hell though.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

OMG...please sell me that freehand logo sweetheart on the left!!

Originally posted by Archtop
                  If you want versatility, buy a second guitar.

Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I love my single humbucker Carvin DC 125! When it comes to instruments it's not what's "better" but what works best for the individual. It's something you have to hear and decide for yourself. Me, I always only used the bidge pickup, so when I got the DC 125 I fell in love.

Oh, and Marty sez. Not that clone running around pretending to be Marty, I'm talking the real marty.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas
                      Yes, 1989 Carvin DC125 that Drsracing stripped and relogoed to a Jackson. I added the sticker. It rocks like hell though.
                      thought that looked familiar
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I hate single hum axes!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Your Floyd is growing a boner
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A bound and archtop Rhoads? That, Sir, is one killer guitar!

Comment

Some guys like 'em some don't. That simple.

Personally, not enough versatility for me. You can get a smoothness out of a neck pup that you can't out of the bridge no matter how you slice it. Makes a huge difference in legato runs and arpeggios when soloing.

That being said here is my Charvel...

The only guitars I keep for the long haul until I croak are those rare magical mojo sounding guitars that you get lucky once in a while to find. The ones with extordinary resonance, tone, sustain, harmonics etc... This is one of them.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Until he switched to Ernie Ball, and had his axes built with 2 humbucks.
                                yeah, true on that altough i've seen a vid of him playing eruption with his EBMM EVH in which in the neck pickup spot there was just an empty hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X