My Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stable

Just for shits and giggles, I thought I'd post a link to my subpage, at my band's website, which contains pics of my gear, lest anybody give a real stinkin' crap.
    Here ya go:

http://www.themonophonics.com/Jim.htm

Feel free to criticize.
    I'm not Ron!

Originally posted by Racerx2k
    Feel free to criticize.
    OK! I bet if you post this in Guitars by Other Manufacturers, more people would see it!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Feel free to criticize.
      1. Can't find the Charvel/Jackson guitars
      2. You paid too much for Reggie (LOL!)
      3. That custom axe you did turned out really cool. I'm surprized it isn't your #1.
      4. Got something against fat headstock??? I don't like them either. +1 on having the balls to shave them down.

Comment

Wasn't sure WHERE to post it. Felt that where I posted seemed most appropriate. Whatever.
        DonP: It's not ALL about Charvel/Jackson. I've had a buttload of them, over the years. Just none in my corner, right now. Don't worry, though. I will. I will. As for Reggie, I feel I got a DEAL. That thing plays great, and stays in tune, with everything I throw at it. Right now, the custom has become my #1. It, too, stays in tune real well, although it is a top-mount floyd, that is blocked, so it limits my tuning woes. I wnated something I could drop-d tune, quickly, and it does it, wonderfully. Yeah, I HATE fat strat headstocks. Ugh! Bullet trussrods, too. the 70s BLEW!
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

No pointies!
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yup, no pointies. I'm really just into the strathead look, these days, anyway. I'm 38. I feel my metal days are over. The custom is about as close as I'll probably get to that, anymore.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm 38. I feel my metal days are over.
              WTF!!! I'm 2 years older than you, 3 kids, wife, and the greatest thing that ever happened to me (well, maybe not the GREATEST) was getting VH1C for Metal Mania and last month's Metal Month for May! I will be a metalhead forever! (if I live that long...)

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE metal. Just through playing it, onstage. I regularly record Metal Mania, although, it's just the same boring crap, anymore. If I have to watch another Saxon vid, I'll throw up!
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey hey, I like Power and the Glory.

Metal Mania does give some bad, but also I'll see a jem in there every once in a while.

I'll never be good enough to play on stage, but if I could, I'd want to be in an Iron Maiden cover/tribute band.
                  Last edited by DonP; 06-08-2006, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Power And The Glory?................ehhehehehhehmumumumuum...... .....................

Aw, that was good. Thanks, I needed that.

Seriously, though. What is with the cover bands, all of a sudden? They are popping up, everywhere. Even old bandmates of mine are doing it. I just don't get it.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

TRIBUTE BANDS

there's a difference!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        TRIBUTE BANDS

there's a difference!
                        Yeah. Cover bands are for people who know they don't have anywhere near the talent as the original musicians. Tribute bands also don't have that talent, but think that they do.

-a

Comment

Sorry. Typo. I meant TRIBUTE bands. My man, RacerX is always there, to correct me, and he does it ALOT. lol.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

My man, RacerX is always there, to correct me, and he does it ALOT. lol.
                            You need to change your user ID so it isn't so easy for him to find you LOL!!!

Comment

Maybe I should change my I.D. to Speed Racer. Hey, it's better than Chim-Chim.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X