What's with this ESP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with this ESP??

What's with the new Alexi Laiho ESP?? It looks like crap!! the wings are too big and whats with the crappy "pinstripes"??

I want an Alexi Rhoads V, preferrably a jackson.. Does anyone know where i can find one? I know Matt's Music had one for sale awhile ago. Is it still up for sale?

Actually any Rhoads V's would be appreciated (I wish they made a black rhoads V with red bevels and a floyd )

Oh well, back to the crappy ESP - did anyone else notice how crappy this thing is????

I saw one at Sam Ash. Didn't do anything for me. I'd buy the Bond Rhoads before the Alexi ESP.

Comment

Well, Alexi model isn't the only crappy model from ESP so let's say most of the latest artist models are all look ugly.
      I cant speak for the playability though.
      At least my ESP Hanneman plays as good or even better than several of Jackson Soloist I used to own.

Comment

I would buy the kevin bond rhoads if it werent for those UGLY pentagram inlays.....

I just wish that I didn't have to custom order a guitar from jackson just to have a VERY simple guitar made. Infact I prefer guitars with NO inlays!!

perhaps i can buy the kevin bond rhoads and get the inlays removed....somehow.....

Comment

Have you seen a Kevin Bond RR in real life? The inlays looks better than on the pictures IMO.

It's the next guitar on my list.

Comment

yeah but the pentagrams are positioned wrong.. the point on the star should be facing down..

When i look at the guitar all of can think of now is stars.. and not pentagrams, i wonder if can just get the inlays changed... if thats even possible (which i doubt)

Comment

Perhaps you could look into ordering a Jackson Stars depending on what you want...
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

lol i went to that Jackson Stars website and it was ALL japanese!!

I wanted one so bad but i couldnt even find a contact number or an email address!!!!

can someone help me with this?

Comment

Yeah, his ESP sucks!

You're looking for this (atleast I am):

Alder body, maple neck with ebony fretboard, neck thru, schaller floyd, 24 frets. emg hz3 pickup with emg-pa2 electronics...

They sell it at Ikebe Gakki store in Japan:
                  http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/goods_detail.php?g_id=47237

Write them email at:
                  [email protected]

Comment

Do a search for Jackson Stars.

You also may be interested in an older Rhoads model, it was made in USA, bolt on with ebony fretboard and NO inlays. That was the RR2.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Do a search for Jackson Stars.

You also may be interested in an older Rhoads model, it was made in USA, bolt on with ebony fretboard and NO inlays. That was the RR2.
                      Here's one at ebay for $600 buy it now:
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jackson-RR2-rr...temZ7419984523

Comment

Originally posted by ChildrenOfScrotum
                        yeah but the pentagrams are positioned wrong.. the point on the star should be facing down..
                        They are facing down.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

maybe COS means the points are facing the wrong way as he looks down on it in his lap in front of his PC while surfing the COB/Alexi-fanboy forum? They're even angled slightly, so when you have the headstock tipped up slightly, they still point straight down!
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                            Here's one at ebay for $600 buy it now:
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jackson-RR2-rr...temZ7419984523
                            I have the exact same one.... as seen here...

I will say that it is a damn fine axe to play. I was lucky enough to score mine for 400.00. A little bit of TLC, Lemon Oil, Compressed air, and time was exactly what it needed. Oh and it is a fun player... really comfortable. Beats the shit out of my ESP. But, the best part is the Ebony bolt on. The neck profile is as thin and the whole guitar is about as light as the ESP. But, it is faster and slicker then my ESP has ever been. The only reason I bought it was to make me start playing standing up more. Needless to say, it was a very lucky and nice score. All the kids will be playing them.

-Nate

P.S RacerX my purple strap is not Ghey =)
                            Last edited by nateb; 06-05-2006, 01:45 AM.
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

nazgul, that guitar is SICK looking... is that the only color it comes in?

Comment

Working...
                              X