Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i declare the new "ebay bang for the buck" guitar is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
    Well this can hardly be considered the best "bang for the buck" guitar...
    No shit. I mentioned it in here because people were talking about wanting REAL Stealths.

At any rate, it's an awesome tribute to Chuck....that alone is worth it. I bet the guys at the custom shop built it exactly for that purpose.

It would be very cool if BCR did a limited Chuck tribute Stealth.
    (I believe that's already been talked about here on several occasions)
    Unfortunately it's not a tribute to Chuck. Here's why:

If we ignore the green custom on the left and compare the black one to the new HHI/Ebay one...

It has an X2N (Ebay one doesn't)
    It has a bad-ass bridge (Ebay one doesn't)
    It has no ghey abalone inlays
    It has no ghey modern-style large diamond inlays
    It has no ghey abalone knob

It also believed that Chuck's black one (note: he had several including a vintage one) was all Mahogany. This one is not.

So it's not an honest reproduction of the guitar. But then again, we've seen tons of Stealths that come up for sale on ebay using the "Schuldiner" name and getting huge $ because of the "association".
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 06-04-2006, 02:34 AM.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

He died after a long fight with a brain stem tumor December 13th
      My Birthday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        So, no neck through Stealths in this series?

I want a Stealth eventually, as a tribute to Chuck....I'll definitely need to bend your ear, there, Sanc!
        See above. I'm guessing this guitar won't sell at the price listed. Usually they will open it up to "offers" when they re-list it. There's your chance, dude.

Comment

Well, you say Chuck's was mahogany? Like I said, I won't have funds for this for a while. I think the Ran idea will be the way to go.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Pure speculation, actually. I got some specs from Tim at BCR (Customshop Manager) and that stated Chuck used Mahogany. Of course, some of the specs were off. Like they said it had a quad bridge too. It's possible they were talking about the green one, since I do believe that was the last one delivered to Chuck...

BTW aren't Ran like really expensive now-days? Someone quoted some specs for a fairly basic guitar here and I was shocked at how dear they have become...

Comment

No,they're not expensive as others custom guitars, but you have to keep in mind the euro/usd rate conversion..

Comment

No shit. I mentioned it in here because people were talking about wanting REAL Stealths.

Easy killer! Back off on the attitude dude...my opinion is you are coming off as the authority on all that is BC Rich. I just mentioned it because it was taking the original topic off subject...that's all. You double posted anyway, and mentioned this in the E-fraid section as well.

Unfortunately it's not a tribute to Chuck. Here's why:

If we ignore the green custom on the left and compare the black one to the new HHI/Ebay one...

It has an X2N (Ebay one doesn't)
                It has a bad-ass bridge (Ebay one doesn't)
                It has no ghey abalone inlays
                It has no ghey modern-style large diamond inlays
                It has no ghey abalone knob

It also believed that Chuck's black one (note: he had several including a vintage one) was all Mahogany. This one is not.

I knew this also, and while maybe not a direct Chuck Stealth, someone who has that kind of dinero will drop it on this guitar, and still have something remotely similar. Albeit not a genuine reproduction, but any Chuck fan, won't hold it as such. And any Chuck fan would probably have one built to Chuck's exact specs.
                So it's not an honest reproduction of the guitar. But then again, we've seen tons of Stealths that come up for sale on ebay using the "Schuldiner" name and getting huge $ because of the "association".

Think of all the Dime guitars...Deans AND Washburns...while it sucks that they sell because of name, it's reality.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                  Ok, the question I have.. are some of the NJ's with USA plates? or do just a few have USA plates? Is it kinda like certain model series being MIJ but some were assembled here?

bump for my question unless this has turned into the 'official' stealth thread... anyone? Bueller?

The reason why I ask is that some sellers on eBay are selling bolt n NJ's with USA plates..

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                    bump for my question unless this has turned into the 'official' stealth thread... anyone? Bueller?

The reason why I ask is that some sellers on eBay are selling bolt n NJ's with USA plates..
                    Tom,

I couldn't answer 100% positively on that one man. The only speculation I could conjure up, is that they were similar to Jackson imports using Ft. Worth plates.

?!?!?! (*shrug*)

Comment

Thanks for your reply Ken... that is pretty much all I can come up with as well. Parts made in Japan, some were assembled in part or whole here.

Comment

Hope this isn't TOO off topic, but since this was a thread about NJ series guitars and their value, I have to ask if there were any NJ series made in Japan that had the licensed Floyd Rose trems?

I had an 84 Bich and sold it like an idiot. Then in the early/mid 90's I bought a new NJ Warlock seeing as it then had lics. Floyds, thinking it would be the same as the Bich in quality and I got the Class ASS series, and talk about feeling like I got dealt a turd in the wind.

Anyways I thought at one time in 1990 or 89 I played an NJ Virgin at Lou Rose in NJ and it played more solid than the Warlock that I bought new, which may or may not have been like finding a needle in a haystack if it was a Class Ax era guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X