Thoughts on the Washburn N2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the Washburn N2?

I have my eye on a '91 N2 in black. Apparently they were only available in black for a limited time. All electronics appear original and work well. Badly needs a setup, but loads of fretlife left & the neck is in ace condition. Just needs fretpolish & a splash of lemon oil. Paint is in pretty good shape too.

They will come down to US$265 (approx) but no further, no matter how hard I push. Is that a fair price for one of these?
    Hail yesterday

Originally posted by VitaminG
    I have my eye on a '91 N2 in black. Apparently they were only available in black for a limited time. All electronics appear original and work well. Badly needs a setup, but loads of fretlife left & the neck is in ace condition. Just needs fretpolish & a splash of lemon oil. Paint is in pretty good shape too.

They will come down to US$265 (approx) but no further, no matter how hard I push. Is that a fair price for one of these?
    Jgcable was talking about N2s in a thread the other day, saying the going rate here in the US is about $250 shipped for a used N2. Given that most guitars go for more overseas than in the US, I'd say $265 US is good, especially if you can get it locally. Sounds like a good deal to me!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My N2 is one of my best playing guitars I own. That guitar has been the one I use when I just throw something in the car and head over for a quick jam. Its taken some abuse (soft shell case), but holds up extrememly well. I've always thought this guitar had a mojo to it. The tone was very distinct.

Comment

I have a ton of guitars. High end... low end and in between.
        My 1991-2 Washburn N2 (that needs a fret replacement) is my favorite player out of all of them.
        Perfect balance
        Great trem
        Excellent pickups
        The lead/rhythm switch is in the perfect location
        The single volume with push pull pot is in the perfect location
        The neck profile is very comfortable
        Oh yea... it sounds really great and can handle all kinds of music.
        There is something about the tone of it... it sounds great recorded.

Comment

I have a 94 n4 and I like it. I got it recently and it plays and feels really good. I have had the n2 before and it was a great guitar for the money.

Comment

Yea, I didn't want to come off like its the greatest guitar in the world because you can get them for under $300.00 all day long. There is something about it that fits me perfectly. It seems alot of N2 owners feel the same way. Especially the 1991-2 models.

Comment

spoke to a different sales assistant today and they cut me a further discount. By the time I'd grabbed a case, I was into it for less than US$300. Not too bad at all

thanks all for your input. Made the decision nice and easy.
              Last edited by VitaminG; 05-26-2006, 12:27 AM.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

completely broke it down last night. It cleaned up real nice too. And plays just like one of my Charvels. Very nice.

Funniest thing - as I reassembled the Floyd, I just popped the saddles back on as far forward as they would go on the screws (in the rear most holes). I restrung it, balanced the bridge and tuned it up. Then
                  I set to fixing the intonation. Needed no adjustment! Remember that Warrior of Joe's with the bridge saddles in a straight line? Now I've got a bridge just like it.

Now it's just a matter of wait and see....... the wife hasn't noticed the new axe in the house yet.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

"This old thing? Noney, it's been around for MONTHS! Surprised you didn't notice it before! Nice though, huh?" (innocent smile)

It won't work but maybe you'll make her laugh and she won't make you sell something else! Congratulations, I wouldn't mind getting an N2, though my 2 MG Series Washburns sorta scratch that itch. Great quality for the $!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                      Remember that Warrior of Joe's with the bridge saddles in a straight line? Now I've got a bridge just like it.
                      Yeah, the Floyd on Newc's "Halford Warrior" was also like that when I owned it.
                      Congrats on a sweet guitar!!!! Now, where's the pics??
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah Gary, where are the pics???!!!!!! You gotta give us something.....we're dyin' here.....

My 750XL also has that intonation setup.

Comment

From what everyone says it seems like the old N2´s are the ones to look for. How do you tell them from newer ones? I haven´t done much research or scouting, and I don´t even know if I´ve come across both old ones and new ones, but I haven´t noticed any clear differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L
                            From what everyone says it seems like the old N2´s are the ones to look for. How do you tell them from newer ones? I haven´t done much research or scouting, and I don´t even know if I´ve come across both old ones and new ones, but I haven´t noticed any clear differences.
                            Pickup selector is inbetween the pickups on the treble side, fretmarkers are traditional dots in the traditional places, 1 volume, neckplates 1st 2 digits is the year. Headstock on the early models has a more severe tilt, truss rod is covered by a small plate on the last fret. It adjusts just like a Peavey Wolfgang.

Comment

how does the Bill Lawrence L-500 pickup compare to the Dimarzio X2N or tonezone ?

Comment

Working...
                              X