Gibson Es-330T D info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Es-330T D info needed

A guy at work just brought in a old Gibson ES-330T D Sn# S1028.
    Any idea what year this might be?
    or do you know of a good Gibson site that has all the info.
    Thanks
    Finn

I found it best to email Gibson. They will get back to you very quick within 24 hrs. I've actually heard from them within an hour.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Best I can figure is 1959 by using this page. http://www.gibson.com/Files/download...IALNUMBERS.pdf

Check all the way at the bottom. The number you posted looks like a FON #.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If he wants to sell it buy it!

Comment

I tryed. I pulled out a wad of cash and he said "no".
          He said it was his fathers, and is going to give it to his son to learn on.
          I told him to get his son a RR-3 to start on.
          Oh well.
          The last time I almost got a 65 Fender Strat from my nieghbor.
          He said he would sell it to me. The next day he jumped in front on a speeding
          Amtrack train.
          His son would'nt get rid of it.
          Finn

Comment

giving a guitar like that to a kid to "learn on" is like giving the kindergarten class the mona lisa to color in. wow.

I'm all for kids learning guitar, but not on historic vintage instruments for chrissakes!
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I know.
              I was playing it today at work.
              The E,A,& D strings are flat wound. Man that guitar plays and sounds great!
              Those old P-90 pickups sound so good.
              Gibson, e-mailed me back confirming it's a 1957.
              If it's still at work on Tuesday, I'll snap some shots of it.

Comment

Gibson didn;t even make the first 335 until 58, they didn't start to make 330& 345 until 59.

Comment

Looking at the ser.# it's probably a 61.

Comment

my bad, Gipson said 59

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                      Best I can figure is 1959 by using this page. http://www.gibson.com/Files/download...IALNUMBERS.pdf

Check all the way at the bottom. The number you posted looks like a FON #.
                      Yup, that's what I said earlier.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by finnman
                        He said it was his fathers, and is going to give it to his son to learn on.
                        Oh the humanity.... That is just wrong. Kiss another vintage instrument bye bye.

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                        X