X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool score. Looks mint! congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
      Yeah, the Matsumoku factory closed up around 87 or 88 I believe, and from that point on production moved to Korea as far as I know, with super cheapo parts, plywood bodies in a lot of cases, and the Aria name went to shit. I've missed out on a lot of auctions for super minty 80s Arias, often with very cool graphics (black and yellow tiger stripes etc) simply because I have an aversion to bolt-on guitars. Then this one came along.
      Congrats, and nice axe. Yes, you are right. The Matsumoku Factory was closed down in 1988 by Singer Sewing. I remember getting my Westone Spectrum SX new back in '87, so they were still around then. And yes, we do have quite a few of these Matsumoku-made axes down here. Fantastic quality. Just wish people took care of them as most of them have battle scars now days. Yours looks awesome!
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

BTW, those pickups look like the rails they stuck in the Westone FX. Good sound.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
          BTW, those pickups look like the rails they stuck in the Westone FX. Good sound.
          Yeah, I remember those pickups. My sister had a Westone Spectrum. They also look suspiciously like the rail pickups in my old metallic-pepto-pink Ibanez Pro Line V. If I remember correctly, they sounded pretty decent. I wonder if they are the same units.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Those pickups also look a lot like the Ibanez V5s that my old Destroyer came with. Cool guitar Zeegs! Congrats!

Comment

Wow! That's a nice one! I expect a review (and clip?) when you get it!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can handle the review, but clips I'm not so sure about. I still don't have a place to host clips. I'm sure you can point me in the right direction Ron!

Comment

The pickups were a cheaper alternative to a DiMarzio X2N
                  I had them in a second generation Ibanez Destroyer Star (X-Series)
                  IIR they didn't sound too bad...a little shrill, but nothing you couldn't warm up.

Great score Zeegs!!! That is a VERY cool lookin' V!!

Comment

Ron Keel had one of those in the "Right To Rock" video (they threw it to him during the guitar solo). Cool axe!! Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                      I'm sure you can point me in the right direction Ron!
                      I don't have an account here, but I've seen other dudes use this:

http://www.yousendit.com/
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The V arrived today. It's in unbelievably good condition for a 20 year old guitar, and virtually unplayed. I'm at work, so won't have a chance to plug it in until later. It will need to be set up for sure. The neck is like a Les Paul (one of the thinner ones). Full review, and pics to follow.

Comment

excellent!!
                          everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

I had those pickups in an 80 Fernandes "the function"strat copy.The Fernandes strat head copys are very hard to find now.Nice Aria V that is bad ass.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X