Judas Priest Hamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judas Priest Hamers

VH1 has been airing their Tokyo show and it kicks ass.
    The Hamer that Glenn Tipton is playing(the stratish one).What model is that? I did notice the Kahler and the angled EMG in the neck but I don't remember him playing this guitar in the past.I'm guessing its a new one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Does it have ebony blocks on the board? He has his own custom model now a days and Hamer won`t dom them for anyone else. It is WHO you are these days with Hamer, regardless of money, they are stiff collared anymore. Jack.

Comment

the Hamer Phantom? It might be a new one, but he's been playing that model since about 1942.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
        the Hamer Phantom? It might be a new one, but he's been playing that model since about 1942.
        You sure it was 1942 Gary?!

I couldda swore I saw him using his Phantom in 1910!

Comment

Ebony blocks on a maple fingerboard.
          I saw them years ago SFV tour and he played a strat and a Gibson SG and that pointy Hamer.

Comment

On the old JP site there were all these cool vids, including one where Glen gives you a tour of his guitar room, it may still be there...but you have to register now:

http://judaspriest.com/video/default.asp
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
              You sure it was 1942 Gary?!

I couldda swore I saw him using his Phantom in 1910!
              You may be right, Ken. I haven't kept up with the Priest as long as you old buggers.

straycat, google Hamer Phantom. Glenn has a sig model, but it's based on the old Phantom. His is black with a mirror pickguard. I know he was playing it as far back as the Turbo tour. You should be able to find loads of pics, in all sorts of colours and in the hands of all kinds of players. Last time I looked, I found a pic of Andy Summers playing a white one.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I think Glenn's Phantom goes back at least to Screaming or Defenders, doesn't it? He was using Strats and SGs before that.

Comment

Tipton's guitar was the Hamer Phantom GT. Guess what the GT stands for? I saw one about 15 years ago in a pawn shop for under $500. Wish I would have picked it up. It had a Kahler, the two pup's, and the same headstock as the Steve Stevens model, the Scarab, and the Diablo. Hamer made another Phantom that had a triple hum in the bridge - their "motherbucker", but that had the paddle-style headstock you see on the studios. I like the GT model, but I don't think I'd ever get the other one.

Comment

What was his obelisk-shaped Hamer called? That's the one that appeared on Turbo.

Comment

Priest struck thier deal with Hamer just prior to Defenders Of The Faith coming out. The first appearance of their new geetars was in the Freewheel Burning video.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

KK played (plays) a custom hamer Vector. He had a few roundhorn V's and ones that were custom made and were like mini king V's that were all pointy too. They were also called the Vector.

Glenn played a phantom that is the one you are taliking about with the maple neck and block inlays. It was a custom job done for him and I dont think I have ever seen another one like it.

The Explorer looking one is called the Sceptor. It was a custom sho shape back in the day that they dont do anymore. I have only seen one in person and that was in the early nineties. It was Black with Red bevels and had led lights for dots on the fretboard. They are rare as hell and even ones with broken necks sell for big $$$$. I dont know the name of the one that is featured in the turbo video but it looks llike an upside down explorer with the fron horn cut short.

I wish I had bought the Sceptor back in the day. They were blowing it out at under a grand and sell for almost double that in good shape now. I like the shape but it did sit kind of awkward compared to a larger explorer. I remember it leaning forward.

Comment

I had a KK Vector (roundhorn) for a while. Was a main guitar for gigs, until I couldn't stand the Kahler anymore (that, and the need for 2 pickups instead of 1)
                          But they were so nice...really comfy to play, and sweetly balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                            I had a KK Vector (roundhorn) for a while. Was a main guitar for gigs, until I couldn't stand the Kahler anymore (that, and the need for 2 pickups instead of 1)
                            But they were so nice...really comfy to play, and sweetly balanced.
                            was it scalloped?
                            damn i want a scalloped one like K.K. plays
                            MOSH ON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I noticed the the round horn Vs fingerboard was scalloped.

Comment

Working...
                              X