Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Q

Alright guys,

Ive done a search and Ive kinda got contradictary results....

Im putting a DXMG neck on my KVX10 and black hardware this summer. I realised last night that that would mean Id have a neck and chrome hardware!!! So Im going to make a nice simple 2 hum, oiled body guitar.

Am I right in thinking that the 24 fret KV neck wont fit a Warmoth body because of the heel width? Is this a definite no-go for the project or is it just an 'issue'?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldnt find it.

James

you may also have an intonation issue as well; warmoth bodies are set for 25.5 scale, 22 fret necks (or a 22 fret neck with a 2 fret overhang). a true 25.5 scale, 24 fret neck won't work on a warmoth body.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Oh balls yeah forgot about that. Even though I keep reading it!!!

Ah well, warmoth is out of the window then! Looks like Ill be butchering a Jackson body then (I want a hardtail). Shame really, cos I want a natural finished guitar

James

Comment

Contact site sponsor Slash. I'm sure he can fix you up.

Comment

That didn't work. The font came out black. I was trying to say to contact site sponsor Slash. He can fix you up.

Comment

Ah right, thanks man. I was just looking at that post as well!!!

Cheers dude!

James

Comment

No problem. I know he'll cut heels for either width and set it up for either a 22 or 24 fret neck (I asked him these questions for a project I'm trying to get started). He seems like a really decent guy, too.

Comment

Thats brilliant! Lets hope he'll post to the UK as well!!!

James

Comment

Working...
                X