7 String w/Floyds or Kahlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 String w/Floyds or Kahlers?

Quick question, does anyone know if any company makes a 7 string with a floating bridge? I know of Ibanez, but I was looking for something along the lines of the Schecter C7 because of the 26.5 scale length. Do I have to go custom shop for that or does anyone make something similiar? Thanks!

- Irf -

As far as I know, none of the current Schecter sevens have trems--certainly none of the ones with the baritone scale. That may change soon, however, because Jeff Loomis plays a C7 Hellraiser that has been customized with a Floyd, and he is getting a signature model Schecter soon--perhaps it will have a trem.

The only baritone sevens I know of with a trem are the old Ibanez RG1077XL and RG2077XL models, but those are out of production and hard to find.

Well, actually, Agile has made a couple of production runs of a low-end 27" scale seven with a trem, but they aren't currently available--I think they will be again soon, however. The first two runs were just "pre-production," I believe.
    Last edited by pro-fusion; 05-08-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Ah, thanks man. I'm waiting on the Jeff Loomis model before I take the 7 string plunge, but I hope it has a trem. Hopefully one of our sponsers will have some information on it before NAMM. I'll look around for those Ibanez models, thanks!

Comment

Oops
        Last edited by SGplayer; 05-08-2006, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Schecter has two older models with 7 string and a floyd, the V-7 & A-7:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Diamond...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Black-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

The Carvin DC727 or DC747 are available with licensed Floyds, but they're the typical 25.5" scale.
            It's strange they use the Original Floyd on their 6-strings, but not the 7-string Original on their 7s yet.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ya know there isn't a good reason I want the longer scale. I played an Ibanez 7 and didn't like it all that much, so I thought maybe with the longer scale it might have the tension I needed for that low B. Does the floyd make an original 7? I thought it was licensed as well?

Comment

I think Floyd makes 7string bridge.
                Here is
                http://www.floydrose.com/7string.html

Comment

I don't know what I was thinking of. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                    Ya know there isn't a good reason I want the longer scale. I played an Ibanez 7 and didn't like it all that much, so I thought maybe with the longer scale it might have the tension I needed for that low B.
                    Well, that's why some companies make the extended scale, to help with the extra tension. Some people just don't want to go up any higher in string gauge. I didn't really have much of a problem with my old Ibanez 7620 with 10-56, but my Schecter 007 Elite is also strung with 10-56 and it feels a little floppy. Both have the same 25.5" scale length.
                    Last edited by toejam; 05-09-2006, 12:58 AM.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I tuned 6's down a 5th for years and just got a Hellraiser C7, major difference. The sound difference is huge, so much deeper and clearer, it resonates the depth so much better! The only this its missing though is, yep, floyd. Also lets me use 9-46's down a half step, perfect fit with the scale length. Still using a .060 for the Bb, and would like to go a little thicker if only for absolute tuning stability.

My advice, wait for the loomis specs (should know them in the next couple of months), or jump on either an ibanez w/trem (I prefer ofr trems) or a long scale tom like a hellraiser, and see where you stand.

Comment

Ifraan- Checkout Carvin's 7's. You can get one with a floyd. I believe the scale is 25.5" as someone eluded to earlier.

Otherwise I think Agile makes a model called the Interceptor that is a baritone 7 string with a 27" scale. I have heard that the neck is a little thicker and a typical Ibanez rg neck.

http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html
                        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I tried out one of those Agile Interceptor... in my opinion it's the only Agile worth owning... good guitar. Also yes, Carvin's are now orderable with a real Floyd as an option.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology
                            Also yes, Carvin's are now orderable with a real Floyd as an option.
                            Not the 7-string guitars--they use a crappy licensed TRS Floyd. Although a 7-string Original Floyd now exists, Carvin hasn't switched over.

Comment

Working...
                            X