Mojo Bodies / Warmoth project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojo Bodies / Warmoth project

First of all I'd like to thank Denny (Slash) again for a great job on this body! Since trans lime green was the popular vote (and my fav. too) that's what I'm doing. This is just the first coat of stain, as it will be sanded and stained again until I achieve the "depth" I'm after. (and before anyone asks, yes I tried the black on a scrap piece and it totally ruined "this" color) Check out the custom EMG route! This was a special request, and Denny pulled it off! The neck is due from Warmoth in a couple of weeks, so I'll get more pics as it progresses.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

that's not just a maple top, it's like a maple/mahogany sandwich.
    that will sound interesting!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
      that's not just a maple top, it's like a maple/mahogany sandwich.
      that will sound interesting!
      Yes, it will be a very versatile tone monster for sure. I'm having a custom set of compound trem posts and bushings made. Kinda like multiple posts inside multiple bushings, with a versatility exchanger integrated into the hardware. The inner post will contact the mahogany only, and the outer post will contact the maple only. I will be able to switch between trem post contact points on the same Floyd by means of a small "lever". I can flip the lever up and have a maple body, down and I have a mahogany body. It's a pretty cool invention, everybody will want one. I'm working on a similar setup with necks right now, but it's still in the R&D stages.

Comment

that looks badass!

i dub thee "booger"
        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

That EMG looks so clean and perfect in that custom route. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
            I'm working on a similar setup with necks right now, but it's still in the R&D stages.
            or ........ i'll stick with

How will you fix the EMG in the route?
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah Henrik, go ahead and stick with

The EMG is going to be mounted in the body with a special tone enhancing polymer adhesive with an automatic release agent I had specially formulated and imported from Ingonawgwaston (a very small country). If I ever need to change out the pickup all I have to do is put one drop of this release agent anywhere on the guitar and turn the volume control up and down three times....the pickup will drop right out. I'm also experimenting with it for my new "no screw" neck mounting system. I really think I'm going to get rich from these ideas someday.

Comment

whatever you're smoking is not only working, but i'd love some too!
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Outstanding!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                    whatever you're smoking is not only working, but i'd love some too!
                    Actually, it's imported from Ingonawgwaston too!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                      Yeah Henrik, go ahead and stick with

The EMG is going to be mounted in the body with a special tone enhancing polymer adhesive with an automatic release agent I had specially formulated and imported from Ingonawgwaston (a very small country). If I ever need to change out the pickup all I have to do is put one drop of this release agent anywhere on the guitar and turn the volume control up and down three times....the pickup will drop right out. I'm also experimenting with it for my new "no screw" neck mounting system. I really think I'm going to get rich from these ideas someday.
                      ah, good old Ingonawgwaston. We used to go there for our summer holidays as kids. We'd go to Bangkok for our summer holidays as adults. And we'd go to New Zealand for our holidays as sheep.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

slash seems to do great bodies..any one know what neck supplier he uses when
                        he does complete guitars for someone???

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa
                          slash seems to do great bodies..any one know what neck supplier he uses when
                          he does complete guitars for someone???
                          Well...why don't you ask him???????

Comment

I'm getting the red X brigade.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

If you want to see more pictures of the proccess of the making of this body I posted over 30 here.

http://www.mojobodies.com/sdy_custom_flame.htm
                              Last edited by slash; 05-10-2006, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X