Wayne Guitars vs. New Jacksons???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Guitars vs. New Jacksons???

Anyone tried these... seems like an awefully high price tag for a bolt-on guitar. Never played one but would be interested in some comparisons.

Wayne Guitars are very nice but I still prefer the Charvel RI's over them. Just sounds and feels better overall IMHO.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

i would stick with a jackson usa. the quality is consistently high while the wayne guitars' quality fluctuate alot more. i played a wayne guitar at guitar center that was a real dog.

Comment

Thanks gang! Thats all I need to hear. SL1s and 2Hs have been the best guitars I've owned. Unfortunately I have a bad habbit of selling old gear to get new stuff. So I'm on the hunt again! Wish me luck!

Comment

you're on a jackson/charvel site...90%+ of the people here are bias...not a bad thing but it's just reality.

bolt on does NOT always mean cheap or worse guitar, it's just a different style of building that leads to a different tone and feel of a guitar. i've played some real crappy neckthrough and set neck guitars before so they are NOT in any way better construction methods, just different. if anyone says otherwise they are 100% wrong, that's all there is to it!

oh and i LOVE my Wayne #248 however this is before they changed to the new neck style/shape which IMO (and several others) is not as good an lost the "magic" of the older ones.

as for price, the new strathead charvels (which is what compairs to a wayne in type of guitar and build style) go for similar prices depending on options (i have one on order).

oh and i'm not saying buy a wayne or buy a jackson or buy a charvel, i'm just clearing a few things up.

-Mike
          Last edited by XSSIVE; 04-19-2006, 04:49 PM.
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

ive got a wayne & would NOT buy another, or suggest anyone buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379
              ive got a wayne & would NOT buy another, or suggest anyone buy one.
              Good ....More for me!.....LOL

Listen guys, there are bad guitars by every single manufacturer out there. I am a little skeptical about new Waynes, but I am also very skeptical about new Charvels.

Lets put it this way....If you find Waynes under serial #300 and you dont want it, I will take it and pay you a finders fee.

Shawn

Last edited by Shawn; 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM.
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

argh, those are HOT! (especially the first two) what is with my single-hum 80s style stuperstrat jones lately?!!

Comment

So Shawn, I have asked this question a number of times and never get a satisfactory answer. It seems that every Wayne I see for sale has a serial number under about 150 or so. Its like the guy only made a few of these wonderful guitars?

I just do not get it. Seems like he's playing games with the serial numbers to me (and I have played Trace's and it was nice, but not memorable to me).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I've seen the same thing with the serial numbers, but I differ with you on Traceys.
                    If he offered it to me I'd buy it in a heart beat, the neck on his is absolutely killer.
                    I also think the new Wayne head stock is atrocious but I like the early original ones alot.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Well, Chris from Tampa got one last year , new order, and was #498, so I dont know about number fudging. Certainly possible.

I will echo some other comments as far as not liking the new ones. I personally didnt like the neck on my old Leopard, #343 as it was what Mike calls the "newer" profile. Much thinner, and less meaty. Much like Chris', which he unceremoniously dumped in 3 days, but they are nothing like the old ones.

Trace seems to think his is awesome, as do a couple of others who have played it, but thats all opinions. I have absolutely zero doubt , if I could get one of the above in your hands, youd be hard pressed to let it go.

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

And as far as serial 150 or so, mine range from #19 to #279.

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I've heard stories about the Waynes too, but the ones I've tried (old headstock models) seemed to have a really fast/smooth neck to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X