Slowly getting there.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly getting there.....

Sporting some acoustics with a Jackson DK1 and my brand new Schecter C7 Hellraiser.

I know its been said before, but, if you are looking for a mid-range priced axe with a lot of bang for the buck, do yourself a favor and look at Schecter. You get REAL EMG 707s, Grover tuners, set neck, archtop, abalone binding on body and headstock, abalone celtic cross inlays and the action is nice and low.

The fit and finish is SUPERB!!! Fretwork is far beyond average. The inlays are tight with VERY little filler. Put it this way, there is more filler on 3 of sharks on my DK1 than there is all of the inlays on the Schecter. That is NO SHIT!!!

Only problem is that I have a broken arm and can not play at the moment.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

I just recently played a schecter in a drunk state. It felt pretty good, but I"m not sure if I want one. Is the 7 string 25.5 or 24.75?

Comment

It felt pretty good

The drunken state or the Schecter?
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

nice guitars!

but that Schecter has one too many strings on it, must be a manufacturer's error? :ROTF:
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

sorry, I'm all wasted
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Indeed.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
              I just recently played a schecter in a drunk state. It felt pretty good, but I"m not sure if I want one. Is the 7 string 25.5 or 24.75?
              It's 26.5" scale.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Yep, those Schecters are sweet. My nephew has a low end one and it blows me away that it sounds and plays as good as it does (after a pickup swap of course). I don't ever think I've played a bad one come to think of it. I can imagine those Hellraisers are fantastic.

Nice collection!

Comment

What year is the Jackson and what year is the Schecter? Newer axes from other manufacturers (Gibson) are getting better looking inlays with less filler as well. I think it might be because they switched to lazer cutting (just guessing - I don't know for sure).

Comment

Working...
                  X