Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Jeezus! Sykes LP Sig!

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/inspired...kesCustom.html

Bout damn time! Of course, if it's priced like the Hendrix one - I won't be getting one. But I'd be more than happy to live vicariously through one of you blokes...
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

They have one of those at a local store. It looks pretty sweet! Didn't get a chance to play it though.

I don't know about the price tag... I believe it was 3K!

Comment

he is a great player.

but this is not something I'd consider buying.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Just get the ESP Edwards version. Pretty much the same thing minus the pre-damaged finish.

Comment

^ Yep, he named it. Edwards Sykes model.

Comment

I like it. Pearl block inlays too. I'd buy one...if I was rich.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
              he is a great player.

but this is not something I'd consider buying.
              +1
              I'd buy a used Black LPC and mod it, before I spent the big corporate Gibson cash!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

As cool as that is, I would NEVER pay for any guitar with the paint purposely scraped off to make it look old. It's like buying a new car, and having a dent put in the fender to make it look used.

Comment

Nice, except for the wear on it, I `ll do my own thank you!! Too bad for that part. Jack.

Comment

I think you can get it without the 'aging'

Comment

Yea, you guys SURE wouldn't want to pay huge Gibson prices when you can pay itsy bitsy Jackson/Charvel custom shop prices. You fellas slay me!
                      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                        +1
                        I'd buy a used Black LPC and mod it,
                        +2 This is the correct answer. I got a 1977 road warrior for $1400 - real wear, not the fake crap. No ESPee wanabee for me either.

Comment

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man I am going to get myself scorched here but - I just don't get why people like the LP's so much. I have to say I think the necks are comfortable. Not that they are bad guitars or anything.

But upper fret access sucks. They don't have 24 frets. You can't do whammy tricks with them. Scale length is too short for me personally. All mahogany does not get the full spectrum of tonal ranges. I don't like the looks of them at all. There just plain Jane to me.

They get good rhythm sounds but - they typically get buried in the mix when soloing. I much prefer the sound of the Flying V's.

Seriously I don't get it. Not meaning to criticize but I just don't see why they are so popular for what you get.
                            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Cool looking axe. But it probably has a short neck tenon and weight relief holes (like the Zakk Wylde Sig. LP). So for that kind of cash, I'd pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X