New Korina Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Korina Siblings

Both old a new school made from 1 Pc. White Korina bodies and 3A birdseye maple necks. The "New School" is Poly clear and the "Old School" is a Danish Oil finish. The old school is the guitar I would have built in 1977 when I saw Charvel parts in the counter at Guitar Showcase in San Jose. The body in the counter was Ash, but this one is Korina which is so light it almost floats. Plus it sucks up finish like a sponge! But I was a poor student back then and had just bought a new Fender Precison Bass to take back to college.

New School

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Those are beautiful and kick ass!!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

what brand is that v-trem? that's kickass, man!
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I love these!!!
          Where did you buy these bodies???
          Me want!!

Comment

GREAT job, Korina rules!

Comment

Originally posted by sully
              what brand is that v-trem? that's kickass, man!
              Thanks for the great comments guys! Ah yes, the V-Trem question. Since I didn't have the keys to the Charvel NOS Brass hardware department, I went through tons of different combinations of V-Trems through various suppliers. I settled on what I bought first was a Fender Gold American V-Trem. Then, I put Graphtech Ferraglide Saddles on it. So, basically I have the vintage spacing, which I believe to be the only obtainable-available spacing back in the day before the 2-1/8" started being the trend.
              Sully, I used the Golden Oak on the first coat, sanded it dry then changed over to Watco clear danish oil. The Golden Oak was turning the Korina too much like orange!

The bodies are from Musikraft, as well as are the necks.

Oh yea, I just remembered of the cool thing on the old school neck, the brass position markers. Adds a cool factor!
              Last edited by Bengal65; 04-09-2006, 06:15 PM.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice looking strats. Are those dark korina?

Comment

Great-looking guitars: very simple and straight-forward. Nice!
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong
                    Nice looking strats. Are those dark korina?
                    Fong, read the first sentence, "White" Korina. This not the black Korina you might be thinking of. Black Korina is darker and has many black mineral streaks. The white Korina is a little lighter in color than Swamp Ash in raw form.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                      Fong, read the first sentence, "White" Korina. This not the black Korina you might be thinking of. Black Korina is darker and has many black mineral streaks. The white Korina is a little lighter in color than Swamp Ash in raw form.
                      White korina!!! total sweetness!! Not a fan of the Blacj Korina because of the black mineral streaks... can you PM me how much you paid for the bodies? I'm thinking of getting a white korina body for a mutt project but warmoth's white korina selection is pretty limited. Thanks~Fong

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong
                        White korina!!! total sweetness!! Not a fan of the Blacj Korina because of the black mineral streaks... can you PM me how much you paid for the bodies? I'm thinking of getting a white korina body for a mutt project but warmoth's white korina selection is pretty limited. Thanks~Fong
                        PM sent!

Comment

Got it!! THanks Bro!

Comment

Your welcome my friend!

Comment

Email sent! Waiting for Jim's reply. Btw, do you know whether musikraft does custom inlay or do they outsource fretboard inlay jobs?

Comment

Working...
                              X