X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash Tele' Replica...

Looks better in person...GREAT player! This was based on Keef's "MICAWBER"
    Tele'.
    Last edited by Mr Graphic; 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM.

A lot of people think the relic thing is wrong but when you get a hold of a WELL DONE relic they really are very very nice guitars Nash does nice stuff.Tom Murphys(gibson)work leaves me cold he only ages the tops and not very well I might add.The hardware looks too new the back and sides are too shiney.rsguitarworks does the best IMO very intricate and all hand done
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Comment

I am not a Tele fan at all. Never have been. BUT.....if I were to own one it would be like that. Same color and all. Looks great!
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That guitar certainly looks beat so shit. Cool
          I have a question, the string saddles obviously look rusted and worn out. Do they cause string breakage? How do they make them look so worn out yet still be smooth and "string friendly" ??

Comment

Nash's hardware aging does not affect adjustments, he makes sure of that. I guess it's a matter of being careful during the process. I've heard stories of rusted out bridge saddles in Fender Relic's that fell apart when adjusted or were so corroded they were useless. The reason Nash {and a few others} are having success with these is they take it a step or two farther than Fender, offer customization options, and are at least $1,000.00 less than a Fender Relic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Graphic
              Nash's hardware aging does not affect adjustments, he makes sure of that. I guess it's a matter of being careful during the process. I've heard stories of rusted out bridge saddles in Fender Relic's that fell apart when adjusted or were so corroded they were useless. The reason Nash {and a few others} are having success with these is they take it a step or two farther than Fender, offer customization options, and are at least $1,000.00 less than a Fender Relic.
              But are the saddles smooth? Do they just look worn out?

Comment

John, they look/feel as smooth as a normal saddle.

Comment

Very cool Doug, Love Teles. Thats just like my Fender 52 Re-issue I had Melody Customs do the relicing to.. Did you buy that from a guy down here in FLA? I think I know that one. Own a couple of Nash strats, they are just awesome. The only comparison to me is the Fender Masterbuilt stuff I have, which is outstanding, but a few $k more.....

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Pretty neat. I've never been into the relicing thing. I have guitars that I aquired 40 years ago that still look as new as when my parents bought them. I guess that's why I never made it big. I don't play them enough!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I used to age parts when I worked at rsguitarworks and there is an art to doing it properly so you have a new part that just looks old but works like a new one.There is so much detail work that goes in to relicing a guitar correctly you would be very suprised. The finished product is well worth the time.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I love my Nash 'E' type. Here is a link form the Nash site:

http://www.nashguitars.com/gallery/e_series.html

It's the shell pink one on the top left corner. The USA Custom 'Texas Blues Brother' neck makes this guitar a definite Heston, (...from my cold dead hands).

Comment

Bad ass.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

wow that is awesome. Would you mind telling how much it cost to do that? is the guitar american or mex? if you can't say it could ya pm?

Comment

Mine was ordered a few years ago and worked out to about $1150. Nash only sells through dealers now and doesn't take custom orders directly. Expect to pay between $1300~$1600 for a tele or strat today, depending on who supplied the wood and pick-ups.

The blackguard in the pics looks awesome. His weather checking is looking better and better.

http://www.nashguitars.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X