Gibson Les Paul info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul info

It looks like thru a rather large trade I may be coming into a Les Paul, but I am trying to figure out exactly what it is. It's very clean, stamped Made in the USA, no scratches or dings, has 3 chrome covered humbuckers. Cream colored pickup rings and switch cover, pearloid tuning knobs, no binding and a rosewood fretboard with MOP dot inlays. The headstock Just says Gibson, Les Paul model with no other specifications. Anybody have any ideas? I've scourred the web and haven't found anything like it. I'm trading away a lot of stuff and just want to be sure it's worth it. No I didn't get the serial number yet, as I forgot to write it down and will probably get it on Monday.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Is the gibson logo in pearl(inlay) or is it screened in gold?
    No binding/pearl dots sounds like an older studio 83 or so.
    The pickup config is what I would worry about.I suppose you could have custom ordered 3 hums but I tend to think it has been modded.What bridge is on it? Some of the 80s studios had the Kahler tail piece some had the reg stop tail with TOM bridge and some with the Nashville bridge.
    Studios of this era has Shaw pickups and some were the 57s(paf repros).Is there a volute at the base of the headstock?Most of the early 80s studios were all mahogony no maple top.
    BTW the shaw pickup will be marked 137-138 on the base plate.I sold a set on ebay last year and got $250.00 thats more than I paid for the guitar.Hope you get a good one the early studios are killer.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
    X