Guitars with carbon fiber necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars with carbon fiber necks

has anyone played on a guitar with a carbon fiber neck?...there are a couple companies that make them, specifically rockmace and i think vigier guitars...im sure there are a few more, i dont know much about them. i was wondering how the sounded and played.

The whole neck is made of carbon? I've played Parker Fly's that have a carbon fiber covering and they are the best guitars I have ever played

Comment

um yeah im not actually sure if the entire neck is made of carbon fiber that does sound a bit weird...but check out www.rockmaceguitars.com they have some cool looking stuff...i heard that with the carbon fiber you dont have to worry about the neck changing ever and you can get the action really low and everything...i was just wondering if its kindoff a gimmick

Comment

A long time ago, when I was too young to know anything about gear, I played a brand new (at the time) Ibanez Allen Holdsworth model. That had a graphite composite something or another neck IIRC. I remember it having action lower than I could imagine with ZERO fret buzz anywhere.

Comment

I have an Alverez Dana Scoop that came from factory with a Moses Graphite neck. I also have a Steinberger bolt on that the original owner swapped a Moses neck on. They feel like normal necks, the fingerboard feels like ebony, and they do appear stronger than wood. They have trus rods and you adjust them like any other neck.

http://www.mosesgraphite.com/cgi-bin...c_Guitar_Necks

Comment

my brother has an ALL carbon fiber acoustic guitar and it plays extremely well! it feels like a really expensive acoustic. the sound is a little dull but its an extremely good idea (He bought it to take to Iraq)

Comment

my parker fly has a great neck-as mentioned above NO FRET BUZZ/VERY LOW ACTION.The intonation is superb across the whole range of the neck

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                my brother has an ALL carbon fiber acoustic guitar and it plays extremely well! it feels like a really expensive acoustic. the sound is a little dull but its an extremely good idea (He bought it to take to Iraq)
                Sounds like a Rainsong.

Vigier also make composite necked guitars. They apparently play very well.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Moses graphite necks are AFAIK still available, as well as whole guitars...

Status and SKC/Bogart used to (and probably still do) manufacture graphite necks for neckthru basses and guitars...

I personally don´t feel any real difference between a graphite/ebonol neck and a Maple/Ebony one, playability wise... But the graphite is infinitely more stable and has a unique tone that I kind of like....

Comment

Working...
                  X